Does anyone follow any japanese pages on facebook?

I’d like to find some pages to follow that post like sweet, wholesome, cute little memes or short comics that are easy enough for someone with minimal understanding of Japanese grammar to be able to suss out an interpretation. I think this would be a fun way to learn or at least gain exposure. Any suggestions? I can’t find anything good with English keywords and I am not sure what Japanese words to use to try and find what I am looking for.

I should add I’m only on Facebook, because that is in itself enough of a timesuck for me. I do have a Reddit, actually, but I’m rarely on it. If there is some good content on there though, I’d happily be on more! Do y’all find Reddit to be a helpful place for exposure to Japanese language?

EDIT: nevermind, I just deleted my account

You may be interested in:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WaniKaniApp

2 Likes

Good article. If my friends didn’t use messenger I’d have deleted my account a long time ago

2 Likes

:thinking: i wrote a paper about this exact thing, you’d think i’d know better… i’ve been wanting to delete mine for a long time now but i use it to feed myself wholesome memes and save research news articles that I plan on reading but probably never will. Not worth it for the price though; this might just be the impetus I have needed to let go, thanks! @snow-pine I also had that thought, but I’ve realized that a lot of the people I used to keep in touch with via Messenger I no longer really keep up with. Such is life I guess.
Yeah an indefinite break from social media would be good

I just joined the fb group for nhk easy japanese. I’m not sure if it’s what your looking for though and i haven’t really looked that much on it :sweat_smile: You can check it if you want and see if it’s to your liking.

1 Like

thank you for responding! I have just worked up the courage though to finally just get rid of facebook. If you find any good stuff on there do share though!

1 Like

Ahh, my situation is different. My friends use messenger for our group chat. If that weren’t around I’d probably take the plunge and hit delete

I’m glad to hear that! There’s always this co-meow-nity, though, so be careful with how you use it. :smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.