Does anyone else type (then delete) angry messages into the answer box after a missed card?

Feel free to type (and then delete) angry messages in the reply box before pressing reply!

3 Likes

I usually hit my main man the answer box up with an a or あ, although in situations I’m annoyed I might go for a frdlgkhlems.

2 Likes

Nope. But now you’ve given me the idea to from now on :relieved:

1 Like

They mean, after you’ve already failed the item, not what you enter when you don’t know :wink:.

In answer to the OP, I don’t really do this, but I probably do swear out loud sometimes. Usually I am torn between two answers, and often manage to pick the wrong one. Like 傷める this morning… To hurt or to damage?

1 Like

Oh… In that case I guess I don’t. :^)

2 Likes

I usually swear at my monitor but maybe writing angry messages will work too.

I get so angry when I type きょうねん instead of きょねん or じょう instead of じょ and it says wrong answer.At first I didn’t care about it but the more I do it more frustrating it becomes.

During lessons I type angry messages to Koichi in the mnemonics notes when the mnemonic is so horrible and completely not helpful

1 Like

I see 今夜 I instantly type this night instead of tonight. 海魚 I instantly type seafish instead of ocean fish. Get red on both of them and I scream inside.

If I just get it wrong because I’ve typed in the wrong answer then I’m normally ok but when it comes to forgetting the same thing twice or 3 times in the same session and not even having a good guess then the red mist descends and I write some colorful stuff in the answer box before hitting enter and getting it wrong. Feels good though.

Lol, that one is a hard relate! :joy: That set of 4 vocab items are still driving me crazy! >_>

1 Like

I feel this one on a personal level, though:

I don’t atm, but then I’m only level 2 so still quite a noob. My main problem is that I’m using my phone so the keyboard is small. I have ‘fat finger’ syndrome so sometimes I’ll accidentally type the wrong key and then submit my answer far too quickly. Then I do mentally facepalm knowing that the answer was right, just wrong key (* -.-)

1 Like

When that happens to me, and it does so frequently, I write my version in as a user synonym. This has the twin effect of reminding me of the expected response and allowing me to pass the item.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.