Do you cry doing your reviews?

Sometimes, yes.

I shed tears relatively involuntarily, albeit incredibly, incredibly sparsely, whenever I lie on my side. I’ve heard it has something to do with the pressure exerted on one’s tear-ducts or something along those lines. It could also be due to circumstances. As in, the times in which I get to lie on my side are usually times after times in which I’ve used my eyes extensively to stare at bright screens. It could also be both, or it could be neither, too.

Whichever it is, I occasionally do, do my reviews while lying on my side. Therefore, I sometimes cry while reviewing things on WaniKani, but not the sort that has emotional meaning.

(The repeating “do” for emphasis thing sounds a lot better out loud than it looks on paper. Perhaps I should add a comma, for clarity, as one does. I’d correct it better, but it’s a bit late in the day to be futzing around with grammar.)

1 Like

If you think that’s bad, just wait until you get to your burns and constantly fail those bringing them back to guru, and sometimes even all the way back down to apprentice. You’d think I’d get used to it eventually, but I’m nearing 1500 burns now and each one I do end up failing still hurts a lot. I don’t think I’ve ever cried because of my reviews, but sometimes I do get super frustrated and angry.

1 Like

I’m running 8-day levels (I’d do it faster, but one day a week I can’t access WK for ~10 hours thanks to an underling who needs constant supervision over that time frame), so I try to keep as accurate as possible. the various readings can be quite frustrating though; my accuracy for readings is something like 3.5% lower than my meanings accuracy across kanji and vocab. When I have a particularly bad stint I start wishing I took up Mandarin instead :smile: 1:1 readings and meanings sounds like a dream sometimes.

1 Like

I don’t really cry but when I’m stuck on level six for an extra two days because of a stupid mistake I slowly break inside

I know that feel

I cry by not doing my reviews.

1 Like

Right now I just get incredibly angry. It’s incredible because I don’t get angry ever :smiley:
Maybe I’ll lose the competitive spirit and Wanikani will break me one day, but I hope I can follow through on all my goals and live happier in the meantime.

1 Like

Nah. I might get a wee bit disappointed, but then I get happy, because I’d rather be bumped down when I don’t know, rather than up. It’s part of the learning process, it’s a good thing.

3 Likes

I think the profanity level goes along with WK level (which makes it hard to practice in public)!

2 Likes

Nope, I get angry at myself but I don’t cry
“How can you forget the stupid kanji you ‘learned’ 4 hours ago?”

1 Like

“Okay, who’s been cutting onions while I’m doing my reviews again?!?”

2 Likes

I really hope @TamanegiNoKame is okay :scream::scream:

2 Likes

No, but I curse a lot. Especially when I get a card wrong, look at the answer, and then still can’t remember it when it comes up again three cards later…

1 Like

Yes, I try during my reviews.

1 Like

I got stuck on level 6 during 31 days lol (before I was up every 10 days)

1 Like

Nah, but sometimes I shout at the computer.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.