Do I get a prize for leveling up?

Yes, I do get a prize for leveling up! Gotta love Wanikani :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

43 Likes

The gift that keeps on giving!

13 Likes

The Crabigator gives and he can surely taketh away!

12 Likes

Take away my free time that is…

12 Likes

101 lessons isn’t that bad. I’ve had 150 at one point, and that was quite a grind.

btw, nice name

2 Likes

Honestly, I think we all secretly enjoy not having any free time :joy:

4 Likes

Ha thanks, same to you! I gave too many years of my life to that instrument lol and now apparently I am doing the same with WaniKani.

Speak for yourself man! I get 300 reviews a day and my sleep schedule is in tatters!

1 Like

bless your soul!

5 Likes

Yeah, I get that completely. Still, no regrets. Wanikani has been amazing, and you can never go back on tuba once you’ve played a Christmas carol concert in 4-part harmony with 40 other tubists.

1 Like

Ah yes, Tuba Christmas, a wonderful time of year!

Is there a thread for Japanese learning brass players? There probably should be if there isn’t.
響け!ワニカニ!

1 Like

It’s so disappointing that my Tuba Christmas had to be canceled this year. Out of all the things at Christmastime, it’s definitely my favorite.

1 Like

The gift of the chance to prove yourself again :laughing:

Level up emails are the greatest gift.

22 Likes

Best part is when your level up happens to coincide with you getting a bunch of the leftovers from the previous levels to guru.

Double whammy. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I feel this. In about 15m I’m going to guru 16 kanji to level up. That’ll unlock the last 40 Vocab for level 7. In addition I’ll get ~30 vocab, 13 radicals, and 19 kanji for level 8 which puts me about right there with OP.

Would love to knock out that level 7 Vocab, but I guess I kinda set myself up for this anyways. 仕方がない. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

keep grinding! can’t wait for that natsuki novel!

2 Likes

Hopefully next year! I have a tuba student who would love to experience the joys of Tuba Christmas!

1 Like

I would love to put together a WK band so all the musicians could play together lmao

6 Likes

You get the gift of another 100 lessons! What more could you possibly want!? :smiley:

4 Likes