Did you ever do too many lessons at once?

That was way too much in one day as evident in the rest of my heatmap.

1 Like

I’m trying to do the 0/0 Streak Challenge so I’m sure I’m going to end up with too many lessons still left and level up approaching and end up doing a ton at once. Since I reset, I think I’ve done 50-ish at a time but no major issues so far. Just gotta watch that apprentice count…

1 Like

0/0 doesn’t mean finish everything at once–just to bring it down to 0/0 at least once per level. It’s meant more as a check for you to finish the previous level before starting the next one.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, I get that. It’s just this time I kept unlocking more vocab over the course of the level and haven’t managed to get down to 0/0 even once… Probably will tomorrow.

2 Likes

You can do eeet!

3 Likes

shout out to june 4th 2019 where i had the brilliant idea of doing 124 lessons… this is a bad idea.
If you’re ok with doing 100-200 reviews per day for the next few days, then doing up to ~50 reviews once every few weeks isn’t too bad, but those 124 lessons burned me out a lot and are probably on the the many reasons for me being so darn slow at this…
Doing between 3 and 21 reviews every day like I’ve been doing for the last two months has been a lot more comfortable at least for me. Even if it means I’m slower at that one point in time, I’m faster in the long run, because i have less multi month gaps because of burnout
(until i do something stupid again, only to have another 3 months of only doing 10-20 reviews a day with no lessons and basically not making any progress…)

2 Likes

I wanted to say no, I did that and it fried my mind so I ended up resetting.

Checked…
dang!

Guess I didn’t learn! (these only show after last reset)
Largest day I found (might have missed some) was 70, but SO many of 60! D=
And here I thought I only did a few a day, I had no idea O_o

5 Likes

i try to be verrrry careful about this, because i get so overwhelmed so easily when i see 90+ reviews waiting for me at once lmao. so i try not to go above 100 apprentice items at a time, and i set a cap for daily lessons for myself at about 30 maximum. unless it’s just REALLY easy stuff, then i don’t mind blasting through it.
it’s probably much slower than other people’s progress, but i try not to think too hard about that.

1 Like

I reset myself back to level 1 recently. I had learnt everything up to and including level 60 but had let the reviews pile up to the point that I couldn’t get motivated to clear the backlog. Plus when doing some reading I realised I’d gotten rusty on a lot of Kanji.

Anyway, in this case I figured it was fine to do 80 or so lessons all at once since it was easy stuff I already know. It’s been ok so far.

For your first time through, learning new stuff, I wouldn’t recommend it. My approach was to do maybe 10-20 lessons at once (the amount would depend on how easy you find the items you get), then do about the same again after the first review of those items. So you’re basically doing lessons every four hours or so. Then in general I try to keep Apprentice items to around 100-150, which seems to work in terms of keeping the pace manageable.

ive been doing all my lessons at once almost as soon as i get them. I’ve seen that its a bad idea and im sure it is and ill regret it when i get to the higher levels. But so far ive had pretty good accuracy and it hasnt felt like too much yet.

Let me throw my highest lesson count per day in there too. Not topping Kumirei’s 172 or so, but it’s something.

Tbh, on level 6 it’s fairly easy though.

I usually do all lessons at once as well, and if that means I will get too many wrong once they show up, so be it. I’m here to learn after all. But I gotta say, so far it hasn’t really be a problem except for a small amount of annoying ones here and there that just take a bit longer to click than others.

4 Likes

130 is plenty insane!

4 Likes

To find the absolute maximum on WK Heatmap (for lessons or reviews), there’s a hovertip on the average lesson/review count which will tell you which day and how many…

1 Like

Nope. At most I take 10 lessons in a day. Rest of the time is spent on reviews.

Thanks! Ok, 78 then =D

I thought I did max 30-40 D=

First time around I did 100+ multiple times, all that got available at level up I did in a sitting

2 Likes

No, I only usually only do one lesson a time.

badumtish

3 Likes

115lessons
Just after leveling to 6 I wanted to do my new radical lessons but didn’t want to use the reorder script for whatever reason… So I ended up doing all my vocab lessons piled up from the previous level to get to the radicals. It wasn’t too bad though as this was my second time going through these levels (reset from around level 10 to 1 at the end of last year after an almost 4 year break…).
Nowadays I’m going at a steady 20 lessons per day, doing radicals first and then a mix of vocab and kanji.

1 Like

Wait am I not supposed to be doing all of them as soon as they’re available?

2 Likes

At first I was like “Wait how?!” but then I noticed these are your reviews, not lessons :upside_down_face:

Most people recommend doing lessons until your apprentice pile gets high enough (for example 100 items) or a set number of lessons per day (I do 20 per day).
Maybe you were thinking of reviews? You should clear those out at least once per day.

1 Like

I have way too much free time so I usually clear up all lessons and reviews right away. But I’m still a low level - does it get harder to do this in later levels?