Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

Pretty much.

1 Like

could someone give me a hint where to read up about that book cipher? or just give me a short explanation of what is already established?

The book cipher discussion is mostly in this thread:

It sure feels like it

I’m just rambling unhelpful HGTTG old trivia that decided to resourface from the years I was totally obsessed with it

1 Like

Have we ever tried to decode it with this type of keyboads?

Gigi maybe? Just because haha, Durtle DUrtle, ChopChop

1 Like

While that particular keyboard is a different layout to the ones we’ve tried before, the fact that the number keys are punctuation-only causes issues.

Yeah
 I know
 I was checking if there was anything significant between U and I and thing like that

I agree with the sentiments in the posts above. I feel like we need a good recap of the posts in the thread, or both threads (doh). We’ve followed so many leads – many of them several times – but I feel like there are probably some good trails that went cold, and noting that Koichi said some of us were getting close. However, when I think about the labor of trying to make such a recap I get discouraged real fast.
:neutral_face:

1 Like

Well, the ‘U’ key has the ‘ni’ ‘chi’ characters on it, the 'I" key the ‘ru’ 'ku" characters. Maybe there’s something we can do with that?

Incidentally, ‘keyboard’ has eight letters, so maybe it matches to our 8-character line in the cipher.

I’m also on the party bus of “we have no clue what is happening and we don’t know how ciphers work to let’s just mind dump a bunch of garbage until someone smart gets an idea” so here are my ideas (I read through most of these but i am forgetful so sorry if I repeat something someone says):

• For the 4 lines of weird text on the tofugu article, do we have anything for that? Is that the one that lines up with educational books?
  • The line in B3 says:

You seek spiritual ascendence
through your Lessons and Reviews.
We seek physical descendence,
and that is the key
difference between you and I.
We’re just a different type from you.

And I can’t help but notice the line “We’re just a different type from you”. First off, that line, along with a few others, changes the POV of the writing, unless I’m mistaken. Are we not talking to the durtle? Are there several durtles waiting for us? We only see one per page, so it seems weird.

• Also from that passage, the line “That is the key difference between you and I.” Is it possible the word “difference” is important? It somewhat re states the fact in the line “we’re just a different type from you”, which feels redundant.
  • have we checked all the terms from levels between death and paradise for any hints? I doubt we have, but we may find something.
  • Less an idea and more something I considered: “Caution! Space is also required”. Is it possible “space” means that fake level, “Infinity”, that was/is being worked on by users?
  • “And that Shift JIS riddle? Talk about dated!” Is it possible that the website itself, or some past iteration, has the clue? Alternatively, could the date shift JIS was made/first used/etc. have to do with it?

I have 0 clue what im talking about just please write 400 more comments we need hints

1 Like

From the spoiler thread: Lines 1, 2 and 4 have exactly the same number of characters as the URL titles of three of the four articles that were found to have extra comments added. Trouble is, we’ve got no idea what to make of that, and line 3 doesn’t seem to relate to the fourth article at all.

This is the header image on the website and it accurately represents my face trying to do puzzles.

Durtle

6 Likes

It kinda looks like the shocked Pikachu meme.

B1: Easy to solve
B2: Much harder
Me:

6 Likes

Koichi: “Durtles aren’t very smart, their code probably doesn’t require a certified genius to figure out”
Puzzle: biggest lead involves likely deciphering a code anyone has yet to get even close to a clue on
Us:

5 Likes

Clearly what we need is an un-certified genius.

11 Likes

We just need one person who happens to think a little bit like whoever created the puzzle and we’re in. But that’s like trying to think like whoever the “genius” is who came up with Office 365

4 Likes

omg, I know who we need! @TamanegiNoKame Come back!

5 Likes

What we need is an agent in Portland who can kidnap Koichi. Then we can send in ransom letters written in Caesar-ciphered Shift-JIS characters cut from random Tofugu articles.

14 Likes

First random set of ideas:

To get to heaven you must start from death–> That seems pretty clear. Go to the death levels/vocab.
Next—> “physical descendence” is the key. The last vocab at the bottom is Woodblock Print.

Q.E.D.

P.S. “Physical descendence is key”—> computer people
does this mean that physical descendence is somehow related to the cipher to these 4 things?

Also, there could be something else happening with ć€©ć›œ and æ­». It could be the space between those vocab words in the level 6 vocab that hold the answer or at least the start.

7 Likes