Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

I’m tempted to agree; I haven’t looked into the spoiler thread much, but from my understanding it wasn’t really much of a cheat as far as online puzzles go. It was brute force, but only brute force for a specific step and based on a specific hint, similar to what we’ve been doing when trying to shift kanji by so-or-so many code points.

1 Like

4500 comments!
But will master still join us?

2 Likes

I was concerned as soon as the thread split but it was with good intentions. Durtles might not be good at math so we will see…not to mention its less organized and harder to follow. You are doing a great job keeping it together up top and I think we all reference frequently.

1 Like

I don’t take credit for that; I just started it. Most of that work is being done by others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • The Schism Stays, the heretics should be burned!
  • Schism Shmism, all religions are equal under the eyes of the @Durtle-pope

0 voters

1 Like

Hello there my dudes

3 Likes

Yes @Koichi sama usually visists us on the 500 mark :slight_smile: Happy new year Koichi! How did your celebrations go?

3 Likes

Bold move from @jsroberts92 with an actual invocation, let’s see if it pays off

4 Likes

4 Likes

Speaking of strategy: Merging the threads would add 230 posts to this thread.
This would potentially speed up future visits from Koichi by 230 posts.

However, since it already contains a visit from a-regular-durtle, it might consider its 5000-post visit complete, and thus delay future a-regular-durtle visits by 770 posts.

All in all, the merger has the potential to cost us 500 posts’ worth of visits.

Also, it would require me to speed up my kanji studies.

2 Likes

By merging, we won’t get to move the actual posts, just discontinue one in favor for the other. So it won’t affect when we reach new points of 500, for visits.

3 Likes

Aaah, gotcha; thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Keeping all posts in one might affect the speed it takes to reach the points though, since the comments are no longer divided =)
But they may or may not help anyway. They claimed they wouldn’t, but I do feel they just pretend not to help while hinting us on the way anyway, they just can’t help themselves :wink: (and makes it fun!)

1 Like

Didn’t we even figure out the stroke thing precisely because they hinted at it in a post? That pretty much confirms this.

2 Likes

Hello @SumRando dude welcome to the cult.

2 Likes

We have a tendency to only figure out what the hint was trying to tell us AFTER getting to the next step on our own :rofl:

4 Likes

True, but at least in this case, the use of the phrase “stroke of midnight” triggered connections, so at least in this case, it (somehow) worked…

2 Likes

It’ll still move discussion forward, I think we’ll just have to develop a keyword system to clearly indicate which posts are talking about the current step, and which have moved forward with the books.

Seeing as this is the Church of Durtholicism, how about you guys be Durthesants?

Please excuse this abomination, feel free to add to it

12 Likes

Nice idea!

If we go with a step suffix for B3:

• B3 Step 1 is the Durtle club clue
  • B3 Step 2 is the Tofugu how-to-install-japanese-keyboard article
  • B3 Step 3* is the Tofugu beginner-japanese-textbook article

We should also separate the wiki between B3.1 and B3.2 to simplify navigation. If we merge the B3.3 info from the spoiler thread, having another section would be nice too.

*We don’t actually know if it’s step 3 but let’s keep it simple

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Not sure how to resolve this whole double topics issue when it comes to post counts. But, let’s just do it here. What do you want to know?

11 Likes