Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

I’m gonna go right ahead and say “no” without even checking.

3 Likes

The doubled letters should be a starting point. If they’re sentences (adding spaces) there are a lot fewer ちち and まま words.

1 Like

Or maybe don’t disregard the numbers? They do give you four actual verbs:
1 塗る - to paint
2 降る - to fall from the sky
3 有る - to exist
4 売る - to sell

2 Likes

Wow!! Good work.

Kuyashii though. I counted the number of strokes at one point but I got 4,2, 20,18 and never clued in that it might be a date. :frowning:

2 Likes

Looking up the kanji on WaniKani, we get paint, descend/fall, have/exist, and sell. I tried every permutation, and none of them worked unfortunately. I like this idea of grabbing kanji from the first two kana of each line though!

1 Like

My keyboard’s different from that one.

I haven’t checked them all, but that at least makes the end of the first line へ instead of れ

I will convert using your keyboard and let you know the results.

Did you try the infinitive?
塗り
降り
有り
売り

(The difference between you (u) and I (i) )

4 Likes

I only grabbed the kanji itself, like 塗 from 塗り/塗る, etc.

1 Like

I’m… not really terribly confident that they’d include those big honking strings as window-dressing…

4 Likes

That’s a great counterpoint. Maybe I’m just afraid to look the monster in the eye, lol.

@ctmf, This is what your keyboard would be. I’m assuming that the + key is above the = sign. Where is your tilde key? Also, side note, I find it weird that the backslash key is on there twice, lol.

ぬる ちちこたしわぬわりやおふふあそいきしやふはにえしせこらままもらへ
ふる こえぬこにたせきとふわおくし
ある わわりこふおよき
うる しわふあぬえそせたちてしはわこ~にりやのこぬはきへち

Original, differences highlighted:

ぬる ちちこたしわぬわりやおふふあそいきしやふはにえしせこらままもら
ふる こえぬこにたせきとふわおくし
ある わわりこふおよき
うる しわふあぬえそせたちてしはわこにりやのこぬはきれち

Yeah, now that I’m looking, my keyboard layout is different than the one you posted, but not like the one I posted either other than the +, - key location. Serves me right for jumping on the first thing I was looking for without looking completely. I think it’s some custom one-off “type on the web by clicking!” thing.

Probably smarter to go with the most standardized one. I’m finding the one you posted everywhere, so that’s probably it.

1 Like

Maybe a kana Caesar cipher, starting with shi (死)? Would have to figure out the standard order, though.

Japanese doesn’t “require spaces” though…

2 Likes

or that we need to leave a space in between each of the four keywords when we input them into the password box?

4 Likes

Ah, Caesar Cipher v2. I love that idea.

Or space doesn’t mean space characters. Maybe space (room, area, outer space) as the clue to another “step of many”

2 Likes

I thought that hair was made with a blurred thumbprint, tbh. Funny how people can look at the same image and see different things…

Anyway, ‘to fall from the sky’ seems to me to be pointing right at that lightning image a-regular-durtle posted.

Started with death…hmm. Killed by lightning, maybe?

1 Like

To procreate, Durtles require a turtle shell to burn. Starting with death.

2 Likes

あいうえお order?

Summary

あいうえお
かきくけこ
さしすせそ
たちつてと
なにぬねの
はひふへほ
まみむめも
やゆよ
らりるれろ