Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

Might be, since for some reason any other kind of Japanese keyboard vanished when I tried to toggle…

Ok, found it: 酉 is %u9149. No combination of that number seems to work, though. Neither does copying and pasting 酉. Neither does “alcohol radical” or “sake radical”.

3 Likes

that gives you %u9152; the alcohol/west radical by itself, 酉, is %u9149. but i tried putting those in, as well as just the final two digits, and it didn’t work.

1 Like

How about adding 92, instead? Since we are one extra problem…

5 Likes

I tried adding the numbers up after converting to decimal and finding the mean (speaking of mean things) but it gave me 1545 / 9 = 171.66, so nothing significant

2 Likes

Unicode with 92:

Summary

銬銷銴
銛銵銠
銰銱銡

I tried “gold” but it didn’t work.

2 Likes

On closer inspection, all of the characters between %u9149 and %u91C5 use the 酉 radical. One wonders what’s so special about this specific nine. Plus, it looks like only six of them are characters that Jisho knows. I still think you’re onto something, though, but I’m not sure this is quite it…

3 Likes

I got really simple and tried “pairs”, “futatsu” and then “eggnog” in case it was Christmas alcohol.

Followed by “nihonshu”. No luck.

2 Likes

銬 銷 銴
銛 銵 銠
銰 銱 銡

So with 92 they all have the gold radical in it

Damn, to slow on mobile Xd

2 Likes

Aye, but only three of those are Japanese characters.

2 Likes

Looking at your recent finds, it appears that 91 is a very likely part of the hint. So let’s not forget that all of the text is applicable.

Hey! Don’t scare me like that.
I’ve got 91 things to worry about,
and you’re just another one.
Not to mention, I’ve got a new boss
She’s changing everything around,
and I don’t like her at all.
Speaking of mean things worth worrying about,
here is your clue for the password to B3.

1 Like

What are the readings for all those alcohol kanji? Same?

1 Like

Wouldn’t 91 + you + new boss mean it’s 93 then?

2 Likes

I like the way you think :wink: Also, I’m contemplating if there’s a relationship between any kanji for boss, not liking, or new [that might match alcohol/the others].

2 Likes

I only remember the kanji for new 新 XD

gentle gasp
actual progress has been made! \o/

3 Likes

Well, we have no proove, that this is the right track. The unicode symbols seem to be ordered after radicals and since the hex bumbers are pretty close together :man_shrugging: This can actually be a coincidence

but it’s something
which is better than nothing

5 Likes

What if changing the radical order in the kanji changes their meaning? In general, something about the new boss changing everything around…? plucks straws

1 Like

Maybe after we solve this we can all go on a big hike together and find Fenn’s treasure

4 Likes