Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

The prize @MosbyNeko won for finding Koichi in Portlandia

9 Likes

A worthy prize indeed

1 Like

I told you guys that the find Koichi thing got to be related. fucking knew it!

5 Likes

So now we only need a scan of that picture, also check it in various lights, check for invisible ink and so on, right???

8 Likes

Gotta love the hand of the last durtle hanging on for dear life on the right side there…

NOPE! :hocho:

6 Likes

As far as the postcard goes, I’m afraid there doesn’t seem to be much to it beyond what you can see in the picture I already posted. I haven’t really been paying attention to any of the Descent of the Durtle stuff, though, so maybe you can find something I’m missing?

Here’s the back:

And here’s the card held up to a bright light (much to the confusion of our dog, who watched me standing on a chair to take these):

I even tried heating it with a hair dryer :sweat_smile:, but alas, no hidden message appeared. That unfortunately exhausts all of my training in detecting invisible ink.

I’m ridiculously busy this week, but if you can think of something else you’d like me to try that’s (1) quick and easy (i.e. doesn’t require any special equipment or travel) and (2) won’t result in me burning my house down, I’m happy to do so.

27 Likes

“See you in Durtle Heaven, Space Cowboy” …great, now we have to watch all of Cowboy Bebop in case there are clues…

13 Likes

Space Cowboy…

:thinking:

3 Likes

Perfect. I haven’t seen it yet.

3 Likes

No, we just need to listen to this:

Or this?

Or maybe watch this.

3 Likes

@koichi, did you orchestrate the creation of Cowboy Bebop as a jiddle? You would. I knew I should have payed better attention the, uh, one…yes, one time I watched every Cowboy Bebop episode in one sitting.

5 Likes

Hm, interesting. Timer? Does anybody know what the exact episode and time is that Koichi showed up? Maybe if we convert it to hex, we‘ll find a url or something.

Edit: Season 6, episode 10, about 10 seconds in.

2 Likes

Oh you actually did it!:DD Thank you:D

3 Likes

Did anyone else notice that @koichi signed it as Koichi when Koichi is supposed to be dead and hasn’t posted since his barbecuing. He’s supposed to be @koichi-descended now.

So either he slipped up, the real Koichi is still out there and Koichi-descended is an imposter, or it’s not a clue.

3 Likes

Its a bit sad you got this scary as hell card as your prize. Burn it.

(i am kidding burning the card might result in burning your house down)

10 Likes

Might also be a step to the next clue!

6 Likes

Or at least maybe they will finally explicitly tell us to wait if we threaten to burn a house down

(i am kidding of course, adding this in case lol)

6 Likes

We are almost at 8K replies, let’s gun for the hint!

4 Likes

Do you believe in the hint?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

@animexamera thank you for your trust, you are very inspiring

4 Likes