Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

I’m expecting more jiddles.

6 Likes

if setting myself on fire to try to descend like koichi isnt demonstrating interest then i dont know what is… its so painful :fire::disappointed::fire:

6 Likes

As long as we get to descend, I’m fine with whatever! Especially since that would give me a reason to post this gif again:

tumblr_ob4yn9VY3R1u1rqeuo1_500

8 Likes

I’m torn, because on the one hand I feel like there being a timer means we’re almost finished with it and there will be at most 1 more tiny puzzle, or some sort of gateway before durtle heaven. On the other hand, durtchi (the nickname I just came up with to not say “descended koichi” that wont take off) did say he only knew of B5, so there is a high chance there’s a lot more. In terms of the end, I feel like there will be something after the timer, at least an e-mail or something.

aggressively descends

6 Likes

Why not all of 'em?

4 Likes

An aprils fool’s update email?

7 Likes

that releases levels 61-70 but disguises it as the EtoEto release

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’ll take anything if it has Coelacanths or Descending.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited until April 1st and litterally nothing happened. Just the same as now, the countdown would reach 0 and start counting negative numbers. Of course, that would mean that we missed something…

4 Likes

The B5 image btw has a tIME png chunk which specifies creation time (also not found in the other images) which is set to 2019-2-17 03:27:48 UTC (2019-2-16 19:27:48 PST), we solved B4 around 2019-2-18 7:24:~ PST. So the image was created just 1~2 days before we solved B4. The image was created when we just found out how to read the clue but we were missing a lot messages.

and it’s also added as a txt chunk at the very end:
date:create=2019-02-17T03:27:48+00:00
date:modify=2019-02-17T03:27:48+00:00

6 Likes

I don’t know and am really bad at this kind of jiddling but I’m happy people like you are still looking for clues

I think we wait and nothing happens, we are supposed to figure something out

2 Likes
I also took a look at that, if it's helpful to you, here's some stuff I've found

EDIT: Might was well to share a few other things I’ve tried yesterday that were deadends

• Looked at a few alpha panes of this durtichi image, nothing interesting
  • Max image size for durt-ichi is 1465x1591, but that’s doesn’t mean anything to me
  • Tried to refresh the page at exactly a certain time (e.g. when the minutes hits 0, when the hours hits 0, etc)
  • Wrote a search spider to crawl wanikani radical, kanji and vocab for comments. (There are no extra comment)
5 Likes

aah didnt see that i think i read it before you added the edits^^

2 Likes

Also can koichi really stay in character, descended koichi, for another 42 days or will he come back as koichi at some point before that…

3 Likes

He managed to stay in character while playing dead, so doesn’t seem impossible

15 Likes

His death feels so short now…

2 Likes

Everyone gets a Durtle-Descended badge on April 1st.

14 Likes

I really really hope this is all just an amazing april fools prank

15 Likes

Noice. :durtle_noice: But I’m holding out for the eGoooott badge.

17 Likes