Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

Yeah, I think we only did spoilers toward the beginning of the schism, and that was at the request of some people who weren’t yet sure whether it was an out of order discovery.

I guess I have to rewatch it now. I held off because I didn’t want to go through the disappointment again.

Maybe durtle @koichi Durichi? has an opinion on if the ending was good or not. He seems to be well enough to get out and about. While he’s at it, he can tell us if we keep descending or just ‘let the clues wash over us’ again.

Shouldn’t @a-regular-durtle have something to say about Durichi?

Well as far as metrics go, in spite of early indications that we were more stupid than expectations, we* a) solved it 42 days before we needed to, apparently, and b) didn’t exceed the max thread length (although two spin-off threads is somewhat cheating on that one).

* and by ‘we’ I mean ‘you guys’; all my suggestions turned out to be more misdirection than help, I think :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

If everyone would prefer to not worry about spoilers it is fine with me.

I’m not quite sure of the sanity of a-regular-durtle at the moment. :durtle_stabby: Plus, he’s already made his home visit for this 1,000 posts.

Nah, it’s a good instinct for the first bit. Just at some point it becomes a nuisance to everyone else, past where the reasonable person should have stopped reading if they didn’t want to know. Where that point is, kind of subjective. No worries.

You know now that I think about it, I have a vague crazy theory:

That story was probably written before we started the puzzle. Most of the details in it were guesses about how the whole thing would go down - some of which turned out to be pretty accurate. But the ‘override code’ thing didn’t. That makes me believe it could have. There’s someone we could have pressured into giving us a cheat. I wonder who it is?

And then whoever got it would have been attacked by durtles, so good thing we didn’t think of it.

5 Likes

So which one of us is Bipple?

That might be one of those “you can’t know if you’re Bipple until the time comes” things. :smile:

3 Likes

I think we all need to post nipple pics. It should be pretty obvious who Bipple is

10 Likes

You first?

4 Likes

I got contacted by a mod to remove my pic of instructions how to make a fundoshi, because apparently a guy in a fundoshi (essentially no worse than a swimsuit) is not… something. Anyway, I’m not tempting the wrath of the mod a second time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good idea checking for that.

I used my regular set of tools for this kind of challenge (Stegsolve and a bunch of random image stego tools) and I don’t think there’s anything there.

1 Like

Hey friends, it’s great to see all of you! Who’s ready to just hang out and chill-axe with me, your best friend?

47 Likes

No thanks, 3 spooky 5 me.

11 Likes

Sounds awesome. Hang out. Have some cold ones. Watch an ominous timer. Talk about descending.

3 Likes

So, @koichi-descended did it, with the noose and axe, in B5. Solved it!

Also, thanks for coming back for us! We appreciate it!

8 Likes

Congrats you all! So are we getting 10 more levels of WaniKani on April? :smiley:

I’ll be your friend. We can watch TMNT together

4 Likes