Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

Yes yes keep looking for clues

2 Likes

@seanblue

teeeeechnically :nerd_face: (to elaborate on the cipher stuff) there were two sets of initials - one spelled something like DURTWEBURNWERISEDESCENDFOREVER and the other was just a string of ā€œrandomā€ characters. The second ā€œrandomā€ string was actually used as a key against DURTWEBURN... in a beaufort cipher to produce the TOMAKEMOREDURTLESYOUMUSTBURNIT which led there

(just in case you wanted all the details)

e: has anyone tried setting their system clock to apr 1st? i cant do it on my work laptop but havenā€™t seen if anyone has done it

1 Like

I think yes but the clock just started going in the negatives

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been able to get the search page to return results on any page past the lobby even though I entered all the passwords today, and I was searching for words that I know are on deeper levels. It also has some other strange behavior, so I wonder if itā€™s broken.

Yep, setting your clock to the date just leads to negative times. Nothing happens.

Actually I think, that this 42 days are rather a radom incident. Like shown above, the date is set in the code of the website, so it had to be programmed beforhand. They couldnā€™t have known, if we solved B4 today or tomorrow /the day after tomorrowā€¦

1 Like

but but itā€™s such an amazing coincidence that I really hope it means something

6 Likes

That is nothing compared to the coincidences weā€™ve already had.

5 Likes

Itā€™s just JavaScript. All frontend, nothing on the server.

Itā€™s a fancy sign that says ā€œ12pm (Noon) April 1st, 2019, Pacific Standard Timeā€

1 Like

Yeah thereā€™s no code on the page that has anything to do with making something happen when the timer ends.

of course they knewā€¦ they calculated all of this from the very start. every last eGoooott and durt durt was accounted for from the start of all of this madness :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

As true disciples of the Crabigator, we were always destined to solve the jiddle 42 days before April Fools.

13 Likes

sorry, I got too enthusiastic. Then letā€™s see what happens at april 1st!

I had to leave immediately after i commented; I havenā€™t been able to be on my laptop until now :sweat_smile: Sorry!!
I originally got this title for being a douche making a thread ā€œasking for a titleā€. I was around before the forum change, and back then the badges were titles. Everyone had ā€œTurtleā€ as a title, but mods custom-changed them. A big rule was ā€œdont ask for titles, or your title will become ā€œturtleā€, with a lowercase t.ā€ so I decided to be a child and make a fake thread asking for a title. I got ā€œDurtlesā€ instead. On that note, @AnimeCanuck got the title ā€œGurppiesā€ around the same time. Sad they didnā€™t do anything with it, itā€™d be funny.

3 Likes

In the squarespace code on durtle.club I vaguely recall seeing something like ā€œif the site-wide password was entered, donā€™t check for any more passwordsā€ but Iā€™ll be damned if I want to (or even could) find it again. That could be the override referred to in the story.

2 Likes

Squarespaceā€¦ a sponsor of LinusTechTipsā€¦ SOCKS AND SANDALSā€¦

Iā€™m full of tacos so I canā€™t be bothered to think sorry lol

1 Like

Oh hey we did it! Nice news to wake up to!

1 Like

A timerā€¦! :joy: This is the best.

But it kinda reminds me of the hatch in Lostā€¦ Rather than waiting for something good, itā€™s ticking down to our doom :exploding_head:

Scary Koichi / John Locke:

3 Likes

Does that mean our next password is: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42?

I really loved that show but that ending just plain olā€™ sucked.

2 Likes

Oh My eGooooott!!

3 Likes
3 Likes