Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

Nah, that was about a year ago. I kind of influenced its existence a little, lollll. Alongside someone else who helped create a fake Cat Durtle badge before Koichi made his own.

1 Like

I received it just before posting about it.

According to the badge page, it was first given out Feb 2018. So itā€™s not a new one.

2 Likes

Itā€™s kinda creepy. And while I do notice that people were winning it early last year, I honestly donā€™t recall seeing it in the list of badges beforeā€¦

1 Like

I am very clearly not an active forum person, so Iā€™m not sure if this is normal or when it happened (too busy to read the thread, flat out like a durtle drinking at work today) but the Caught Durtling descriptive text in that thread is different to what it is now.

Ye Olde:

Ye Newe:

8 Likes

This might be useless trivia, but Koichi has only two durtle badges:

Alan Durtshowitz and Slightly Durtverted

Also, I think the most recently added durtles in the list are:
Harbinger of Impending Durtle (Dec. '18)
MacDurtver (Dec. '18)
Alan Durtshowitz (Nov. '18)

But whereā€™s that Ghost of Crabsmas thing? Is that a durtle? Itā€™s not in the badge listā€¦

Invisible badge. You can see it if you check out, say, my list of badges.

2 Likes

Same! omg the durtles are disappearingā€¦ this has got to be a clue!
hereā€™s the missing durtles in emoji form just for the hell of it;
:caught_durtling:
:durtle_noice:
:durtle_megane:
:durtle_durtverted_lvl1: (this must be slightly durtverted?)
:durtle_durverted_lvl2:(and this must be somewhat durtverted)
:durtle_tomato:

I donā€™t want them to disappear, theyā€™re so cute!

1 Like

Hmmmm ā€¦ I still have all of mine ā€¦ at least right now

ooo I really thought this was going to be related to a clue somehow. haha, never mind must just be a few peoples browsers.

1 Like

I rather feel like this is still our best lead, but Iā€™ve still not the foggiest idea how to turn it into a password. Or even into a clue.

Something about cookies?

Sadly, ē©ŗ갗 (the only word that I can think of that kinda sounds like ā€œcookieā€) doesnā€™t have any changes, and ē©ŗ (the only kanji on WaniKani which has the reading 恏恆) uses ā€œcootiesā€ as the mnemonic. And doesnā€™t have any changes anyway.

苦恗恄 - uses cookie in the mnemonicā€¦

Am I looking in the wrong place? All I can see is ā€œcrushingā€.

May I put forward the idea of using a Necronomicon to bring back Koichi for assistance?

3 Likes

Necrodurticon.

3 Likes

WaniKani / Kanji / 叄 uses Cookies in the reading mnemonic also, came up in my lessons yesterday and while my initial reaction was !! it doesnā€™t seem to help at all.

1 Like

Necronomnomicon :3

4 Likes

Iā€™ll go get the preparations done

2 Likes

Alright, I think I might have a bit of a lead. Maybe.

Based on the ā€œascend to descendā€ thing, I was snooping around the very first page (durtle.club), and I noticed something that almost lines up with the 240 on B4.

The vast majority of the page is made up of these empty <p> tags so I counted up the number of them in that particular portion of the page and there are 222 as counted using this command in the console.

$$(ā€œ#block-c2450111165083a1c7bb div pā€)

You might have to replace the block id for it to work, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s dynamic or not.

That along with the fact that you have to scroll (reach) far down that page to get to the link makes it seem to fit fairly well. Thereā€™s also a comment near the portion all the tags are in that says:

<!-- nothing to see here, move along -->

Whichā€¦ might be kind of suspicious.

On the other hand, the number 222 doesnā€™t really quite match 240 (although itā€™s close enough to be a strange coincidence), there doesnā€™t seem to be any ā€œchangeā€ caused by our arrival in B4 here, the tags might just be default SquareSpace formatting behavior (itā€™d be nice if someone could confirm/deny this), and it doesnā€™t really have anything to do with the shenanigans with Koichi. So I donā€™t know. Maybe itā€™s nothing.

I also scanned the other floors briefly to see if there was anything similar, but I didnā€™t find anything.

What do you guys think?

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the only interesting comment on the page. None of the other levels have comments.

All pages have a durtle comment

5 Likes

I almost wonder if itā€™s worth summoning @matthieuesnault to do another check of the Tofugu pages for any new comments.

1 Like