Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

According to this virtual keyboard

Shift gives all the small hiragana っぁぃぅぇぉゃゅょ but also changes わ to を and ほ to ー、the dakuten and handakuten keys (the things on べ and ぺ) change to 「」

ぬ to 、
る to 。
め to ・

2 Likes

Has anyone reread the article for additional clues, btw? (I skimmed it at super high speed last night, but it’s a huge article)

I did, and I clicked on all the articles in it, nothing jumped out to me

2 Likes

I sort of read it, but nothing jumped out at me… I had hoped something would because now I’m expecting things to be mostly contained within WK/Tofugu instead of having to go search the whole internet for clues…

Did your kana-Caesar cipher go anywhere?

@emucat, what makes you think flip phone?

I tried entering those strings directly into the url bar, e.g:
durtle.club/AABQD010L76223CEGD72FI5DPBOJJMO+
No luck there.

Maybe not :stuck_out_tongue:

The Durtle said the other methods were really old… so what’e the newest method to type Japanese? the phone.

Also, the phones have ABC for key 1, DEF for 2, etc…

But it doesn’t seem to work when I tested it…

Also I have the feeling, the 4 lines can be the 4 keywords we are looking for

1 Like

It does coincide neatly :slight_smile:

I think someone before mentioned the idea of those four lines being encoded in pairs (two characters = one character), and I like that idea because otherwise they are too long to be single words.

1 Like

Well, in that article there was a picture of a phone keyboard.

3 Likes

Can we mix it with this? image

The first line is something like this (the beginning) かかきみさわあわ

天国へ行きたかったら死から開始

^ This line is eating at me; I hope it is a clue to decoding the four lines.

could point to various things:

• 死ぬ = to die.
  • The kanji 死 is taught in WK level 6 (link).
  • WK Death levels begin at 21.
  • The 21st letter of the alphabet is u. (possibly relates to the line “the difference between you and I”)
  • The 21st kana in gojuon ordering is な.
  • The 21st kana in iroha ordering is (also!) な.
  • 死 (し) is a well-known homophone with 四 (し) (four).
  • The 4th letter of the alphabet is d.
  • The 4th kana in gojuon ordering is え.
  • The 4th kana in iroha ordering is に.

I also wonder why they chose the wording 死から開始. Do you think that could alternatively be interpreted as 死 from 開始, like subtract し from かいし?
かいし - し = かい (開)

3 Likes

Can someone on a computer check if those clues are related to API maybe?

I’m probably still on the wrong track, but uhm could this be instructions for each of the lines we got?

AABQD010L76223CEGD72FI5DPBOJJMO+
B51BIQPGS206HD
00LB269G
D02315CPQAWDF0B~IL7KB1FG+A
3 Likes

Can we write it vertically? I have the feeling A = YOU

You You We difference
see seek see between

Crabigator Reviews key you

A A B Q

… A

If each letter is a symbol (kana) or sound… A = You = ゆ, B could be “See” =し…

Seek would be B + something…

Just testing stuff:

Crabigator the of Disciples for place a isn’t that believe I see You
       Reviews and Lessons your through ascendence spiritual seek You
                     key the is that and descendence physical seek We
    you from type different a just We’re I and you between difference

I don’t know where I am going with it

That’s an interesting idea - when I look at my WK API keys, version one has a mix of letters and numbers. Version two has a mix of letters and numbers with hyphens, but neither of them have + or ~.

1 Like

Back to basics:

First paragraph:

Talk about dated!

This was pointing us to look for a date. Good!

How did we find out about Strokes? Only because @a-regular-durtle pointed to that? because the bushy hair of the durtle?

Second paragraph:

You see, I believe that this isn’t a place
for Disciples of the Crabigator.
You seek spiritual ascendence
through your Lessons and Reviews.
We seek physical descendence,
and that is the key
difference between you and I.
We’re just a different type from you.

I see a lot of seek. Is the “type” also pointing to the Input Article (or confirming it) or telling us that part of the key is to type it with a different input method?

Is the answer also in our Lessons and Reviews like the previous one? Is it just pointing out the order of the 4 keys?

1 Like

Some thoughts
physical descendence might also be a play on words for “physical descendants”
Are durtles of the past seeking their descendents?
Are durtles seeking more durtles?

Also:

That taunted me too, to the point of finally getting involved with this thread yesterday at the same time Masayoshiro was linking us to the article.

As far as a reading hint goes, that is really weak or non sequitur, but when you consider something like “Prayer was the key to getting into heaven all along” then it seems even more relevant. Also, the same kaomoji appears in the hint – koichi’s calling card if you will – as the one in the Durtle’s message.

So is the term “prayer” or its reading き related to the solution? Reaching a little further, maybe stroke count of the kanji, its kun yomi いの, or (reaching further) its radicals. What about the Kanji level: 18?

Also

You seek spiritual ascendence
through your Lessons and Reviews .
We seek physical descendence ,
and that is the key
difference between you and I.
We’re just a different type from you.

The Prayer kanji shows up in our lessons (well, mine especially) and prayer is obviously considered a method of seeking spiritual ascendence. Does the sentence structure suggest that a contrast in what the Durtles are seeking from the lessons and reviews: Physical Descendence so is that possibly a pointer to another kanji or vocab page? Perhaps along this path, Type also plays into the mix, it stands out to me as a level 18 user since there are two kanji’s on this level for Type, so I might be biased.

Edit:
And speaking of prayer, is it coincidence that prayer contains the axe radical and the Durtle said “chop chop!”. Hmm they also said Time is of the essence so what about 期? Perhaps the latter is just coincidence.

Edit:
The more I review older posts in this topic, the more I stumble on older instances of folks that have raised some of these points @Tyger for example with “descendants”. I do a modest amount of due diligence before posting, but a search can only get you so far sometimes. 失礼しました、ごめん :bowing_man: =)

2 Likes

I think that was a clue, because I actually thought that meant either chinese, strokes or pitch

2 Likes

They’re both hexadecimal strings, so they wouldn’t have any characters other than 0-9 and a-f.

The V2 API key is a GUID, so that’s why the dashes are in that one.

2 Likes