DEPRECATED TOPIC: English - Japanese vocabulary recall tool: KaniWani

I’ve finished the first pass through - 48% accuracy based on level 10 vocab. Very difficult. I’ll need to go through now and do levels 1-9. Hopefully those won’t be as difficult (yeah, not likely). Thanks again!

1 Like

Well, Tried it, AWESOME job, did all my levels and I must say that I can recall better than I thought from Wanikani!!! I got around 90% overall with my eight levels. I didnt expect to have so much recall with wanikani so I’m actually very happy with it. Will keep on using ur app tho, its very useful.
 Greetings.

This is great!  Well, apart from giving me twice as many reviews per day, but I think it will really help make things stick. 

korinkite said... This was made by a different user as well. 
/t/KaniWani-English-to-Japanese-Recall-Tool/4780/1

I'm not hating, I think your utility is well designed. The reason I mentioned it is because I hope you implement the filter by item level feature from the other kaniwani. The ability to start with only your enlightened list and then, once that's cleared, move down to master then guru or back up etc is really helpful.

All in all though, I always wished for a level-separated kaniwani. Thank you for making it!
 Hey thanks for the feedback,  I'll look into adding a setting where you can set which SRS-level you would like to be reviewed on. 

Yes I found this webapp just before I posted as well! It seems to be quite exactly what I've been working on, except ten months earlier! However it seems that the app does not keep track of how often you've gotten something wrong/right in order to quiz you more/less on it(unless I simply missed it, which is quite possible!) Kaniwani is a full-fledged SRS system that keeps separate SRS-levels(apprentice, master, etc) from Wanikani. 

This is really great

Thanks for sharing it

I would like to second vessiecakes's question about being able to show the answer if you don’t know it, there are a couple that I can’t remember however many times it asks me.

Thanks again

It’s crazy how you think you know the kanji until you have to do it in the reverse and type the kanji from the english word… It makes it so much more difficult

I am sucking at alot of level 3 stuff (外れ) - I cannot seem to remember this (extremity), and a few others… so i failed those using this site, but every other level i was able to surprisingly get most correct (i think 5 wrong in 3 levels - but they were simple ones like typing まるい but it`s expecting just まる)

hoovard said... This is really great

Thanks for sharing it

I would like to second vessiecakes's question about being able to show the answer if you don't know it, there are a couple that I can't remember however many times it asks me.

Thanks again

Thanks for using the webapp! When you get a question wrong(it is highlighted in red), you can hit either P or K to show the "phonetic" or "kanji" answers. Alternatively, you can click on the "Show Phonetic" or "Show Kanji" buttons that exist directly below the input field.  See here for an example.

Cheers!
1 Like

I just mentioned this in a post yesterday!

I have 250 left out of my stack of 650 reviews, then I’m going to start working through the site. 

wow! おめでとう! Amazing website! I’m sure it’ll be the cherry on top of my studyings, exactly what I was looking for! 

<3<3<3 i love it. it’s really prettyyyyy toooooooo.

Yes, yes, YES! The Crabigator must be very pleased with your contribution… like Ptscan said, おめでとう!
Now if I can actually get a good percentage on this is a whole 'nother story. 

I LOVE YOU!!!

Tofugu Team should hire you! and make your web a part of WK!!

Thank you soooo muchhhh

This is amazing! I often don’t bother with Anki for some reason, but this I will surely follow up.

I don’t know if I did something wrong or… but I had to use the dreadful computer mouse in order to click into the field of writing again after giving an incorrect answer (?). If so, that is the only thing I see needs a fix.

Anyway,
Takk, ありがとう!

Absolutely great!

Suggestion : I like being able to control which levels I unlock, but I don’t feel like skipping the early levels because I might not know all of them. The best thing would be to have a single review for them : if I get them right the first time, they directly go to master/enlightened or equivalent, so I can keep unlocking more without them coming back for ever and ever.

I agree with everyone else.  Absolutely great product, and I look forward to seeing all of the upcoming additions.
This is much more fun than my Anki decks and I am not sure why.  

Tadgh11 said...
korinkite said... This was made by a different user as well. 
/t/KaniWani-English-to-Japanese-Recall-Tool/4780/1

I'm not hating, I think your utility is well designed. The reason I mentioned it is because I hope you implement the filter by item level feature from the other kaniwani. The ability to start with only your enlightened list and then, once that's cleared, move down to master then guru or back up etc is really helpful.

All in all though, I always wished for a level-separated kaniwani. Thank you for making it!
 Hey thanks for the feedback,  I'll look into adding a setting where you can set which SRS-level you would like to be reviewed on. 

Yes I found this webapp just before I posted as well! It seems to be quite exactly what I've been working on, except ten months earlier! However it seems that the app does not keep track of how often you've gotten something wrong/right in order to quiz you more/less on it(unless I simply missed it, which is quite possible!) Kaniwani is a full-fledged SRS system that keeps separate SRS-levels(apprentice, master, etc) from Wanikani. 
 Nah, you didn't miss it. That was one of the apps most frustrating flaws originally. Glad to hear you're taking user input ^_^.

I have been looking for something like this
Thank you

If there was a way for this to only pull from my “burned” items list for review I would love to use this.

Love this! Thanks for sharing!