DEPRECATED TOPIC: English - Japanese vocabulary recall tool: KaniWani

Didn’t know what this was about, now I get it. Incredibly useful. Will definitely help incorporating the vocab I learn into everyday life. 

Thanks a bunch!

A feature request:

Vacation mode similar to WaniKani so your reviews don’t pile up if you aren’t available to do them!

Jish said... A feature request:

Vacation mode similar to WaniKani so your reviews don't pile up if you aren't available to do them!
Good idea. Added to the list.  

Thanks so much!  This really pinpoints my English to Japanese weaknesses so that I can concentrate on them.

Still waiting for relocking levels ability. Grats on the good work so far though!

Finally going to give this a try. Thanks for all your work prepping this, Tadgh11-san!

Like a boss, I just unlocked all 30 levels. 3015 reviews.

よーーーーーーーーーし!!!!!!!!!

Man o man…You want your ass handed to you, try this app…

“Discovery”

“Uh…I know that…Uhh…No idea…”

“発見”

Yabba said... Still waiting for relocking levels ability. Grats on the good work so far though!
 That would be a nice addition. My unlocking of 30 levels wasn't such a great idea...
Aleithian said...
Yabba said... Still waiting for relocking levels ability. Grats on the good work so far though!
 That would be a nice addition. My unlocking of 30 levels wasn't such a great idea...
 I made the same mistake but with 9 levels and it went out of control haha. Can't imagine 30!
I am waiting impatiently to be able to lock them again and start at level 1 and work my way up as I should have. 

Actually, this makes me think about the ''slow thread''s. This is EXACTLY why you cannot unlock more quickly in the first levels. And even though we explain it over and over to new comers, we still make the same mistake haha. The eager of learning is so ironic x)

Thanks for the app, it is extremely helpful!

I noticed two very small bugs so far:
1. The unlock button for level 26 is broken for me. I did unlock the the items but in the list it still says that they are still locked.
2. During reviews the item counter only shows the first two digits starting from the leftmost digit. So on a review of 162 Items it says 16.
My screen displays 1600x900 pixels and I’m using Firefox on Ubuntu if that’s relevant.

mariedleclerc said...
Aleithian said...
 I made the same mistake but with 9 levels and it went out of control haha. Can't imagine 30!
I am waiting impatiently to be able to lock them again and start at level 1 and work my way up as I should have. 

Actually, this makes me think about the ''slow thread''s. This is EXACTLY why you cannot unlock more quickly in the first levels. And even though we explain it over and over to new comers, we still make the same mistake haha. The eager of learning is so ironic x)
 Yup. And I knew that, but sometimes you've got to take the bull by the balls :P

Then get gored...
mariedleclerc said...
Aleithian said...

Aleithian said...
 Both of you can email me your usernames at tadgh@cs.toronto.edu and I can wipe your accounts back to fresh if you so desire. 
TheRunoMask said... Thanks for the app, it is extremely helpful!

I noticed two very small bugs so far:
1. The unlock button for level 26 is broken for me. I did unlock the the items but in the list it still says that they are still locked.
2. During reviews the item counter only shows the first two digits starting from the leftmost digit. So on a review of 162 Items it says 16.
My screen displays 1600x900 pixels and I'm using Firefox on Ubuntu if that's relevant.
 Thanks for the heads up. The CSS should be fixed in the upcoming patch. As for your level stuff, that should not be happening. give me your username and i'll investigate. 

thanks!

Re: vacation idea, 

would you guys rather have fine-tuned control over when you start vacation, or have it tied into WK’s vacation. As in, when WK vacation starts, KW vacation starts at same time?

Tadgh11 said...
  Both of you can email me your usernames at tadgh@cs.toronto.edu and I can wipe your accounts back to fresh if you so desire. 
 Cool. Email sent. Thanks! You got a donation page somewhere for this?
Tadgh11 said... Re: vacation idea, 

would you guys rather have fine-tuned control over when you start vacation, or have it tied into WK's vacation. As in, when WK vacation starts, KW vacation starts at same time?
 Does it have to be either-or? Because it would be nice to have the account enter v-mode automatically when I enter it on WK, while also being able to set it separately on KW. If it has to be one or the other, I'd rather the fine tuning.

Good job! I love it. You have some work to do on interface, but you know that.

Seems to be a bug I have uncovered:

I have attached a synonym on WK for 三角形 to differentiate it from 三角

However, when it shows up on KW for reviews the synonym has attached to the wrong version.

Aleithian said...
Tadgh11 said... Re: vacation idea, 

would you guys rather have fine-tuned control over when you start vacation, or have it tied into WK's vacation. As in, when WK vacation starts, KW vacation starts at same time?
 Does it have to be either-or? Because it would be nice to have the account enter v-mode automatically when I enter it on WK, while also being able to set it separately on KW. If it has to be one or the other, I'd rather the fine tuning.
I agree with this 100%

I love this tool. It is shocking to see how few words I can recall! I have one question and one suggestion.

• when I get an answer wrong, please display the correct kanji and hiragana right away. Having to click on two different buttons breaks the flow of my reviews;
  • what happens when I get an answer wrong? do I downgrade as I do in wanikani?
Thanks!