Denji’s Sporadic Japanese Thoughts—A Study Log of Sorts

I hope this is the right place to post this in, but I thought I’d make a study log so I can be held accountable.
Alright, so I started my Japanese learning journey probably in early December of 2020, so I’m still a newbie. In my introduction (Definitely not a Late Introduction) I addressed my attempt to learn it a few years ago through an honestly pitiful run-through of Duolingo (if you could even call it that). But my interest was reignited sometime last summer and I decided this time I would do it right. This led me into a state of analysis paralysis for a good few months but once I learned hiragana (somehow I did it through exposure and didn’t consciously memorize anything) I knew I needed to learn katakana. So I used the Tofugu mnemonics and stumbled upon the pronunciation guide. That helped massively with learning how to make the sounds accurately.
At about the same time, I started WaniKani. Now I’m on level 14 and sticking to my goal of reaching level 60 next spring with everyone climbing Tokyo Skytree.
I know I’m gonna need more help with grammar so my friend and I decided to start Bunpro (thankfully it’s not expensive) when they’re ready.

11 Likes

So this week I got a good amount done on WaniKani, almost at level 15. I’ve been binging My Hero Academia and I’m recognizing a lot of words and a couple grammar points. I didn’t get much of Japanese Uncovered done yet though, but I’m hoping to do that this week. I think I’ll just do these updates every Thursday instead of trying to sometimes do them twice a week.

3 Likes

i guess i missed wednesday, oh well. this week i watched some more haikyuu because karasuno is awesome, and i’m probably behind on level 17. i’m trying to do it faster, but for some reason with the small amount of radicals unlocking kanji becomes a lot harder (just getting one wrong is a death sentence :skull:). i think i’m gonna start bunpro soon, but for now i learned a couple new things by doing the japanese sentence a day thing (Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge). also i finished the nezuko drawing, and i’m thinking maybe i should start coloring my drawings more, but who knows? one last thing: mugen train was AMAZING, anyone and everyone should watch it.

4 Likes

this is probably gonna be a sporadic thing at this point, but what can i do. anyway, i’ve been a little behind these past few weeks because lessons are a little out of hand, but i feel like i’m getting back on track. i started watching jujutsu kaisen and finished season two of haikyuu, and i’m starting bunpro this week. for my birthday my relatives have told me i’m probably gonna get the whole demon slayer series (they have it for around 80 bucks on mandarake—:exploding_head:), so i’m really excited. i feel like this is less of a study log and more of an anime list or something lol, but really at this point i’m using only a few resources, so ig it’s fine. i think my bunpro schedule will probably be like 3 lessons a day, idk if that’s too fast, but if i need to i can slow down. (oh jeez, now i’m just putting out my random thoughts about japanese—i should change the title).

4 Likes

Wonderful progress Denji san :slight_smile:

2 Likes

YAYAYAYYA someone else posted! i was getting jealous of other people’s study logs getting attention lmao, but now i’m basking in the sunlight

4 Likes

download

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.