Deciphering clauses including the particle など

Hello, I’m confused by two occurrences of the particle など I’ve recently come across while reading NHK Easy. I will start with only one, from https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/k10011183511000/k10011183511000.html :

[日産は、] 車の検査をする場所には資格がある人以外入ることができないようにするなど、同じ問題が起こらないようにする方法を考えます。

Here など seems to function as its own verb clause, which is new to me (usually I have treated it like a noun). Is 「Aするなど」 another use of など meaning “do A, et cetera”? If so how does this compare to 「Aするなどする」 meaning “do things such as doing A”? Or, is it the case that only the latter exists, and that the comma allows「して」 to be omitted in the sentence above?

I’m also not sure how the first half of the sentence ending with など fits into the second half. Does it somehow modify 方法, as follows?

[日産は、] ( 車の検査をする場所には資格がある人以外入ることができないようにするなど、同じ問題が起こらないようにする ) 方法を考えます。
Nissan will consider courses of action that will: (1) do things such as ensuring only qualified technicians can enter the locations used for inspecting vehicles, and (2) prevent similar problems in the future.

Or, is it entirely independent from the second half of the sentence, as in the following?

[日産は、] ( 車の検査をする場所には資格がある人以外入ることができないようにするなど )、
( 同じ問題が起こらないようにする方法を考えます )。
Nissan will take steps such as ensuring only qualified technicians can enter the locations used for inspecting vehicles, and will search for ways to prevent similar problems in the future.

I suppose this might come down to the question of what 「Aして、Bする物をCする」 means, where Aする, Bする, and Cする are verb phrases. Can this mean both “do A, and do C to things that do B” and “do C to things that do A and B”? Does including or omitting the comma suggest one meaning more than the other? I know details of how Japanese phrases connect are often left for the reader to guess, so I’m guessing it could be interpreted either way.

I’ve included many questions here, but I’d appreciate help with any of them. Thank you!

In answer to your first question, the purpose of など in this sentence does tie into the 方法 at the end of the next clause. The second half of the sentence literally says “[they] will consider methods that will prevent the same problem from occurring”. The first half of the sentence describes one of those methods. The use of など is to imply that they are considering other methods as well as the one stated.

Ah, I think I see what you mean. It would make sense to me if it were ようにすることなどの同じ問題が起こらないようにする方法, which uses the pattern 「AなどのB」 “Bs such as A”. I sort of see how it could make sense to drop the の if we also want to drop the こと nominalizer, since ようにするなど feels less like a noun… I’m really not sure how to regard “verb+など” grammatically, and that’s probably the root of my misunderstanding.