Reading Vol. 12・ふらいんぐうぃっち・Flying Witch (Beginner Book Club) 🧹

Welcome back to WaniKani! Good luck with volume one :triumph:

1 Like

We are go for Volume 2!

10 Likes

I will be a joining a bit later, unfortunately. :sob: But looking forward to start reading volume 2 sometime in a couple of days. :blush:

6 Likes

I’ll be joining a bit later too, I went on a 1 week vacation and now I have a lot of catching up to do. Have fun guys, I’ll probably be joining next week if all goes well :grin:

4 Likes

We march ever onwards:

11 Likes

Third chapter already!

7 Likes

DEFINITELY NOT LATE, I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT

It’s still the 7th here

11 Likes

Poll time!

Do you want to continue with reading volume 3 as a club?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

When do you want to start (bearing in mind people might need to buy the next volume)?

• 4th April (one week after finishing volume 2)
  • 18th April (five weeks after confirming volume 3, one week before BBC pick starts)
  • 25th April (six weeks after confirming volume 3)
  • 2nd May (seven weeks after confirming volume 3, one week after BBC pick starts)

0 voters

Do you want to continue using separate discussion threads for each chapter?

• Have a fresh discussion thread for each chapter
  • Have one discussion thread for the whole volume (with weekly chapter start reminders)

0 voters

Penultimate chapter of volume 2!

4 Likes

Okay, we will be continuing with volume 3, starting on the 4th of April!

I will make one discussion thread for the volume, and post ‘week start’ reminders :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not totally confident that my copy will arrive in time, but I’m going to boldly assume that there are six chapters, and we’ll definitely start with the first :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you planning to read ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 3 with us?

• Jawohl :broom:
  • Nope, just here for the clicks

0 voters

1 Like

What is jawohl? :sweat_smile: (I clicked it as “yes”, but not entirely sure if that’s what it means)

1 Like

:ballot_box_with_check: Maybe?

I mean, I wasn’t planning to read volume two, until I discovered I’d already purchased it unconsciously.

It’s ja, but more so. :slightly_smiling_face: (Which is to say, “yes” in German.)

4 Likes

Sorry, I was making so many polls I felt the need to spice it up :sweat_smile: what Belthazar said - it has a kind of “of course” or “certainly” angle to it.

5 Likes

For me (being German :eyes:) it has a bit of a siryessir! military sound to me, but maybe it’s just me :joy_cat:

6 Likes

Oh no, that connotation has carried over to the English usage :slightly_smiling_face: not quite so intense as that, but has that kind of “certainly sir!” feeling.

Also it’s not that embedded in the language tbh :sweat_smile: I think I’ve only ever heard my uncle and my current manager use it in person, apart from myself…

2 Likes

Hah, interesting! Languages are so amazing…

To be clear, I found your use of it to be perfect, when applied with a mocking intonation (and if you want it to be really strong, maybe even with a mocking military-salute-like hand movement) :blush:

4 Likes

I’d like to imagine everybody saluting with the broom :grin:

10 Likes

I want to but got so behind on the other book … and added a second instructor on italki… one of the pro teachers…(after the first hour he realized I knew more than he thought so we went through several chapters in the first proper lesson)…now I somehow have 5 chapters of homework that has to be turned in this week… hehe

it’s not bad it’s easy stuff, but about 65 pages worth… lol

So I had to give up spending time slogging through the misty valley…just too much misty hiragana for me :wink: which kept me from diving into Vol2 of witchiness … So jealous of the new book club offerings too…I really wanna participate but I don’t have any time …thankfully these threads stay around!

5 Likes

Yeah this. We’ll see. ^^

You can always pause Kiri for a bit and read a manga with us for a break :wink: I think reading in the group is more fun!

3 Likes