Conjugation Bits and Pieces ... Any Sites that Break it Down?

Even for me, I don’t much like reading romaji and wince at the textbooks with it, mostly because of the large number of homophones in Japanese, I simply don’t know what I’m looking at if it doesn’t have Kanji giving the hint. But if I already have the word in my head, I’m quite happy to type it in. I don’t know proper romaji either (I know, there’s more than one method), it’s mostly “what I type in to Wanikani to get it to work, but without typing the single N twice”. Sorry anyone else had to see it!

1 Like

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but there’s a conjugation app for Android. It has explanations on how to conjugate and tests you on basically anything you want.
It’s pretty simple but good for brute-forcing conjugations into your brain.

Especially Japanese the Spoken Language, which invented its own romanisation system. That one shoots straight through “wince” and well into “cringe”.

1 Like

Aye.

For example, Jay Rubin’s book “Making Sense of Japanese” has some great content in it but the Romaji just makes it a little bit of a slog for me.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.