Complete list of immediately unlocked Vocabulary words/items after Level Up [as of 02.21]

To know the exact reasoning, you’d have to ask the developer team. As it stands, this is just how it works and personally I try to always clear the vocab with the level it’s tied to.
If you use vanilla WK you actually can’t but learn the vocab lessons before the new radicals and Kanji, so it doesn’t really change much.
I presume that they wanted to really put the focus on the Kanji (as the app’s primary goal is to teach Kanji and not vocab), so they made the level up process only dependant on those. The progress bar also looks less overwhelming when it says “19/33 Kanji passed” instead of “19/140 items passed”.

1 Like

:high_touch: It’s nice to see the list getting more and more checkmarks! :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

1 Like

41&42 were fine

1 Like

Thanks. I wanted to ask you something: As I’m also collecting a list of the specific Vocabs that got unlocked and not just their number, it would be a huge help if after leveling up you went on wk.stats, Items, WaniKani, group by level then item type, order by SRS stage, the level you’re at, and then copied all the Vocab words that are marked with the Lesson grey. If you could even do the same with the Kanji that are not already unlocked (aka the Kanji of the second wave) that’d be really awesome. It’s okay if you don’t have the time for that, but I wanted to at least have asked.

lvl 43
initially unlocked vocab
伺い,偽物,凄く,包み,埋まる,御札,浴衣,潜る,濡れ衣,群がる,誠に,軍艦島

initially locked kanji
懇,籍,襲

wondering if at this point it wouldn’t be easier to just write a script to extract this kind of information (I’m assuming you can get this from the API, haven’t checked).

1 Like

Sweet!

Oh, this is surely possible, I just don’t know how to do it.

lvl 44
initially unlocked vocab (26/105)
克服する,取り逃がす,哲学者,喪服,寝床,手堅い,手袋,挑戦者,揚げ,握り,揺さぶる,揺する,揺れる,携帯ストラップ,泊まり,泊める,滑り台,焦がす,焦る,紛らわしい,紛れる,網戸,荒々しい,荒らす,荒波,見逃す

initially locked kanji (3/35)
嵐,竜,缶

I haven’t guru’d all kanji from 43 yet, but since 43 is a fast level, that might be the norm for when you level to 44. It’s possible some vocab will unlock without guru’ing the level 44 kanji.

edit: no change in unlocked lvl 44 vocab after guru’ing the last of the lvl 43 kanji.

1 Like

Thanks, inform me if that should be the case.

I think it might actually be easier if you copied the level 43 Kanji still in Apprentice and sent them to me, that way I can quickly look them up and you don’t have to think about them anymore.

This is amazing @zEUs_Japanese. As a side project, I am open to make either a site or a web-app with all the info you collected - let me know if you would like to collaborate.

1 Like

Awesome! I’d definetly be down for something like this. My motto is basically to do SRS in the most steady way: Every day a fixed amount of items. With WK however this isn’t as straightforward as with other systems. My list can help people to establish themselves a steady schedule, but they still have to calculate a lot. I’ve been dreaming about a site like WK stats where you can input your data (or it’s fetched via the API) and you select a study mode (10, 11, 12, 13, … lessons a day) and it proposes you when to do which Kanji and especially what Kanji you need for the level up. I’d be more than ready to provide you with the data.

lvl 45
initially unlocked vocab (15/98)
一斉に,入籍,包み紙,小包,引き裂く,悪趣味,擦る,核分裂,滅びる,潮時,短距離,襲撃する,近距離,遠距離,黒潮

initially locked kanji (4/35)
嫁,狩,硬,稼

edit: no change in unlocked lvl 45 vocab after guru’ing the last of the lvl 44 kanji.

2 Likes

lvl 46
initially unlocked vocab (12/106)
お握り,叫び,叫び声,寸暇,揚げ出し,揺らぐ,新芽,焦り,紛れもない,素粒子,辛口,辛子

initially locked kanji (1/37)

2 Likes

lvl 47
initially unlocked vocab (12/94)
〜狩り,お嬢さん,お陰で,塊魂,歯を磨く,湿らせる,澄ます,疲れ,眺め,矛先,稼ぎ,裸足

initially locked kanji (2/36)
婆,幣

2 Likes

Nice pace you got there, Rik!

2 Likes

Not really, I was horribly late in posting the lvl 46 stuff (just before the first gurus)… still going at a steady 6.5 days for the fast levels. I saw you passed 3k burns though! Congrats!

2 Likes

lvl 48
initially unlocked vocab (7/105)
土俵際,帝国主義,涼む,癖に,紛れ,車椅子,魔法使い

initially locked kanji (4/37)
溶,畜,蓄,輝

edit: no change in unlocked lvl 48 vocab after guru’ing the last of the lvl 47 kanji.

1 Like

@Mods, I wanted to know if there was an editing limit on posts. In this case I am specifically talking about the opening post of a thread that I created (not a Wiki). I’m editing the post quite frequently and wanted to know if I have to worry about anything.

1 Like

If I remember you can only edit posts 30 times per day. There doesn’t seem to be a limit for the number of edits on any single post

1 Like

I remember that we already talked about this once!
Earlier I saw someone write they got a maximum edit message on a post (no their thread) with 15 edits. After seeing that I wanted to confirm if it was temporary or not.

1 Like