Community forums: Chat box

I never really understood that. If the server was not managed by them, why would they have to intervene? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe it had some impact on the forums as well? Or if someone was harrassing someone else, and started doing that here too? Idk I’m just speculating bc I’m a very curious person.

6 Likes

It probably has to do with Image. WK is a learning platform, and so they want to reach as many people as possible. Negativity and misconduct go against that image, and hurts the mission.

I understand The whole moderation thing, but I feel it would be just as hard to moderate a 6.4k reply, random topic that gets 100-200 more posts every day. I’m not complaining, just arguing the reasoning.

2 Likes

I don’t know, it was before my time, too. Either way it’s not good for their image to have a poorly run server associated with them.

5 Likes

Because one of the users came on the forum to complain about things that happened there, and other users (who were related to the problems) commented as well, things escalated and moderators had to step in. They were nonplussed about the whole ordeal.

10 Likes

Wherever people choose to chat off of the site is fine, but it really bothers me when people do this. If you have an issue, keep it in that space (with the exception, of course, of serious issues that the community needs to be aware of for safety). I don’t take well to people recruiting me to take sides in their drama -.-

5 Likes

I agree. If people complain about things outside of WK and cause problems here, they should just get immediate permanent ban.

5 Likes

That feels a bit harsh… Maybe just warn them first.

4 Likes

Then, the whole Complaining is a Must thread would get banned, which wouldn’t be a nyaaaaaaice thing to do :cat2:
I agree with the bit about causing troubles though. Causing troubles is not nyaaaaaaaaaaice! :cat2:
But complaining is still a meowst, no meowtter how you look at it! :cat2:

4 Likes

“…and cause problems here” is just gong to be ignored?

4 Likes
2 Likes

Well I never said that complaining people should be banned. I said complaining and causing problem.

4 Likes

Yes, but causing problem is not nyaaaaaaice regardless of whether it’s done via complaining or not :cat2:

2 Likes

Lol

https://community.wanikani.com/t/to-the-people-from-my-former-slack-group/39934

5 Likes

okay I’m convinced…

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.