Coming soon (maybe): another ios wanikani app

So far it’s something like this:

(second gif not moving - link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/qlpZ7#ncvSNIS)
I love Kiko’s app, and use it whenever I’m away from my computer. But with the iPhone, more than anything else, I tend to make more than a few typing errors. and I miss the ability to “cheat” those errors away. So I had some free time and thought of learning swift, and came up with the above.
It’s crude, the code is probably less elegant than other’s; some of the design is a direct theft from Kiko’s app, and the “cheat” implementation is a combination of two existing scripts; But it is usable.
So before I can set it free to the world (if), I need several things:
1. Get Kiko’s blessing for the design theft.
2. Get Rui Pinheiro’s (who wrote “Wanikani Override”) blessing for his part.
3. Fix the timer (the one big bug before I can consider it ready)
4. Extensive testing (might need some volunteers for that)
5. (Maybe) find out how to implement some graphs. but it’s not crucial for me (the first gif above).

So:
1. if anyone know how to contact either of them, It’ll be great (I’m sending Kiko a message through his app).
2. if anyone know swift and want to help, even better (I’m not a programmer, and my code probably looks awful).
3. Any ideas? anything (else) is missing from Kiko’s app?

I’ll try and finish it. If I’ll see that it’s too much for me - I’ll upload the code for anyone who’ll want to try and continue.

I won’t use this app myself because I have no issues with the original, but I would suggest removing that background image. It’s really intricate and hard to heard the text on top of it. The point of that data is to be quickly parsed but with the background that’s difficult to do.

{"textfugu":true,"sort_kan":false,"sort_kan_lessons":true,"collapse_i":true}

Really like that I seem to be able to choose lessons or reviews. The background image is a little much. Would miss lightning mode if its not there. 

{"textfugu":true,"sort_kan":false,"sort_kan_lessons":true,"collapse_i":true}
**double post***

I actually really like the design. I’ll admit, I’m typo prone on the iOS app as well, but I guess that means we should double check before submitting? However, being able to have the program recognize that it was a typo, instead of counting it as incorrect, would be extremely nice.

Is this still in development?  Because, typo button?  Yes, please.

Hello? Are you still developing this? Because, as above…

Terrificness!! Please continue!!

prawn said... I won't use this app myself because I have no issues with the original, but I would suggest removing that background image. It's really intricate and hard to heard the text on top of it. The point of that data is to be quickly parsed but with the background that's difficult to do.

malt said...
prawn said... I won't use this app myself because I have no issues with the original, but I would suggest removing that background image. It's really intricate and hard to heard the text on top of it. The point of that data is to be quickly parsed but with the background that's difficult to do.

suddenly meme format makes sense

also i would realllly love another option for ios wanikani. no offense to kiko, his app is great, but more options is always nice.