So far it’s something like this:
(second gif not moving - link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/qlpZ7#ncvSNIS)
I love Kiko’s app, and use it whenever I’m away from my computer. But with the iPhone, more than anything else, I tend to make more than a few typing errors. and I miss the ability to “cheat” those errors away. So I had some free time and thought of learning swift, and came up with the above.
It’s crude, the code is probably less elegant than other’s; some of the design is a direct theft from Kiko’s app, and the “cheat” implementation is a combination of two existing scripts; But it is usable.
So before I can set it free to the world (if), I need several things:
1. Get Kiko’s blessing for the design theft.
2. Get Rui Pinheiro’s (who wrote “Wanikani Override”) blessing for his part.
3. Fix the timer (the one big bug before I can consider it ready)
4. Extensive testing (might need some volunteers for that)
5. (Maybe) find out how to implement some graphs. but it’s not crucial for me (the first gif above).
1. if anyone know how to contact either of them, It’ll be great (I’m sending Kiko a message through his app).
2. if anyone know swift and want to help, even better (I’m not a programmer, and my code probably looks awful).
3. Any ideas? anything (else) is missing from Kiko’s app?
I’ll try and finish it. If I’ll see that it’s too much for me - I’ll upload the code for anyone who’ll want to try and continue.