Color blind here. Can I get a text indicator for CORRECT or INCORRECT?

How good are the EnChroma glasses? Can they help you? Never knew about them until recently.

Just an aside, but for designers/developers, there are apps that can adjust your monitor colors to simulate various types of color blindness. I use Sim Daltonism on Mac (it’s free), and I’m sure there are good options for Windows as well.

It’s well worth running your designs through one of these color blindness simulations as part of your design and QA processes — the ~5% of the population that’s affected by color blindness will thank you for it!

12 Likes

i don’t know, i don’t feel the need for paying $$$$$ for special glasses

Hah. If those glasses cost $$$$$, then my hearing aids are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Each. But here we are.

4 Likes

Naturally, there needs to be a nice big 正解 or 不正解 that pops up. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m reading $250-350, not far off from typical prescription glasses.

1 Like

I’ve talked with @oldbonsai about this, and I’m also going to be on the lookout for other potential changes to improve the experience for color blind users, so if anyone has other thoughts/problems/suggestions, tag me and let me know.

Any changes we make will probably go up as part of a larger update, which could be a little while. In the meantime, check out the script @seanblue made, and be sure to drop him some thanks for his quick work!

11 Likes

Yeah, the sticker shock when you get old enough to require prescription glasses is ridiculous.

1 Like

This is the only instance of anything being communicated strictly by color* in the interface, so, i don’t think there is anything else of concern

*as far as I can tell!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.