[Client App, Discontinued] WaniKani for Android

s84606 said...
xip said...
Walnut said... I'm a big fan of the other app but especially since it's no longer under maintenance I can get behind this one

You should talk to the author and see if he'll share his source too then you could more easily integrate some of its features

The UI is really nice and looks a lot more cellphone friendly too

Keep it up 
I believe his source is up on Github too, will have to see that. I didn't know that he had stopped maintaining the app though.
Of course you are welcome to incorporate all the code you need:
 https://github.com/WaniKani/Android-Notification
You might find the internal browser of particular interest because coding something that could more or less work on more or less all the devices was a bit tricky.

As correctly pointed out, due to lack of time and the fact that I've completed the WK cycle, I'm not adding new features, and just making sure that nothing breaks when the site is updated. I'll probably release a bugfix these days, but it won't be distributed through Google Play.
That's why I'd really appreciate if you could combine your code with mine and distribute an app with all the features of WK Mobile and the design of WK for Android. To ease the process, I would be happy to move my app from my Google Play account to yours.

I'm not sure that would be easy, and it probably would not be much fun, so I understand if you choose not to do this. Whatever you choose, however, if there's anything I can do to help you, feel free to ask. Good luck :)
Oh, wow, thank you very much for your support. I'll begin by investigating your code then. Especially the internal browser as you pointed out...

About combining the codes, I'd probably not want to just copy in the code. Rather, I can examine your code and then rewrite things. It would help me on the experience side of things too this way. Whichever the case, I'm sure to knock on your door every now and then. :)