Clearing the board

I’m at level 21 and am just about to break into 22. How hard did it become for you to clear the board at that point in time? This took me a while yesterday. I tend to have 40-60 reviews most days and then 250 one day.

1 Like

Clearing both the boards?
Compelling proposition
Quite the achievement

I’m near the end of Level 20 and I’ve been doing about 100 reviews daily. Here’s where I’m at now:

I think it would be possible with concerted effort — possibly 200 reviews a day. The trouble with those reviews is that they come back around very quickly!

I am thinking I could stop at this level, get reviews back down below 500, then keep proceeding from there. I worry that there are some in that queue that never appear, and so they will become stale.

3 Likes

I think you should just take some time and work through them without doing any lessons. What does your Apprentice - Burn distribution look like?

4 Likes

2 Likes

My distribution is weighted more heavily towards the early stages. I think you’re right that I should keep doing reviews and ease up on the lessons.

2 Likes

Dude I would be dying in your shoes. Kudos for keeping at it but don’t burn out my man.

Are you doing anything in Japanese for fun?

3 Likes

I thought Wanikani counts as fun? My life is a lie?

3 Likes

It is fun but just like 100% chocolate is bitter, so you too need to add some sugar.

1 Like

What the hell? When mine got that bad, I had to reset six levels. Definitely stop if not go back — it literally made things quicker not having 600 reviews expected per day!

I wouldn’t even think about doing lessons for a month if you don’t reset unless you have 25 hours a day for WK.

2 Likes