Clarification on unlocking kanji

I wanted to clarify on how many reviews on radicals before i unlock the kanji? I’ve done two so far. Related to this is because I wanted to subscribe but a notification mentioned that it’s free till level 3 and I’m still level 1. So is there a duration limit per day? or all of this is based on reviews?

2 Likes

Check out this (essential, classic) guide to Wanikani: My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 ) - #2 by jprspereira

The fastest leveling up speed for Levels 1 and 2 are 3 days and 10 hours each. This means that it’s possible in 1 week after starting to reach Level 3 and have around 350 items going around your lessons and reviews

The same information is also in the official Wanikani guide: WaniKani’s SRS Stages | WaniKani Knowledge

1 Like

On your dashboard you should see five dots beneath each radical. A dot is becomes green with each correct review. When all five dots are green, kanji which use the radical will be unlocked.

It should be a while before you get to level 3, I’m sure you will get used to the system by then.

1 Like

Thank you…

is this gonna be the new paticles because i vote yes

6 Likes

I’m confused. Is the forum software broken? My post looks normal to me.

No your post was fine, mkut quoted just “adical” in their reply.

That part actually needs an update :sweat_smile: It’s actually 3 days and 2h now apparently. The intervals are 2h, 4h, 8h and 23h for levels 1 and 2. This means that those 350 items can be done in less than week now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.