[Chrome Extension] WaniKani Companion

i restarted my PC, now notifications are working, like a banner, thank you so much for this application! now we only need a ring alert and it will be perfect!

chazychaz said... Perfect Sound: http://youtu.be/OuMfyndwARQ?list=RDxEQ3c8xyLZc

my notifications are enabled, i am using chrome 40.0.2214.115 , windows 8.1 , Surface Pro 2, wanikani companion settings:  data refresh interval 5 min,  notification lifetime: no limit, how does it looks like when you have desktop notifications? i didnt see anything.

Haha maybe this one is a little bit long for a notification sound :)

chazychaz said... i restarted my PC, now notifications are working, like a banner, thank you so much for this application! now we only need a ring alert and it will be perfect!
 Good! I'll try to add this feature soon.

Hello! A new update including sound notifications has just been published! However the community ideas for a better melody are still open, so do not hesitate to give your suggestions :wink:

Really like the extension!  Was wondering if you could make the window resizeable?

thanks for your effort and fast update of the extension, i really like it because i am working in my PC the whole day, i have an issue, sometimes i dont get the notifications and review updates, the small icon  just show 0 reviews. i dont close my chrome navigator in the whole day, i dont know if this issue is because it, i use another navigators at the same time too, i need use constantly chrome to get the review updates? i just let chrome open while i am using firefox or internet explorer.

chazychaz said... thanks for your effort and fast update of the extension, i really like it because i am working in my PC the whole day, i have an issue, sometimes i dont get the notifications and review updates, the small icon  just show 0 reviews. i dont close my chrome navigator in the whole day, i dont know if this issue is because it, i use another navigators at the same time too, i need use constantly chrome to get the review updates? i just let chrome open while i am using firefox or internet explorer.
Hm I made few tries, but I'm not able to reproduce this bug. I still receive notifications when my Chrome is minimized. I don't think that the issue is related with the others browsers. It would be great if you can say me what's happen on your side. For this, use your computer as usual, and when you think that the problem happened :
1. Maximize Chrome, and go to chrome://extensions
2. Under the WaniKani Companion part, click on "Inspect views: background page". (If it's written "(Inactive)" next to this text, please tell me.)
3. In the new popup, go to the Console tab, and tell me if you have any messages here.
deadperfect said... Really like the extension!  Was wondering if you could make the window resizeable?
 Thanks deadperfect! I didn't build this extension to be resizable, so adding this functionality would require to significantly improve the graphic design to fit on any size. I don't have the time to work on it for now, but, for sure, I'll think about it if many of you are interested in this feature!

Thank  you, it is really good =)

Is this still being updated? :<
After wanikani went out of beta, the app stopped refreshing the review count. I have to click on the icon in my browser to make it update properly.

1 Like

Big fan of your work. Thank you

Very nice extension. Thanks a lot for your work! :slight_smile:

So amazing. Will be using this every day now.

Still loving this extension, thanks again for making it :slight_smile:

Hi there you directed me to this page via the google review comments. I have been using it extensively since installing it, its excellent, thank you and I will be amending the score and comment to reflect within the next few minutes.

I no longer wish to exclude new lessons from the count - seeing the number next to the address bar provides excellent motivation to get the lessons done.

I found out why the number doesnt refresh and how to fix the problem. I often put my computer into standby or hibernate mode. I find that after doing this the number will not refresh automatically without shutting down my browser and reopening it.As soon as I do this it starts refreshing automatically. Are yo able to reproduce this behavior and fix?

Thank you for your hard work, the extension is awesome.

This makes learning much more convenient!

Thank you so much!! :smiley:

Thank you guys!

jl45 said…I found out why the number doesnt refresh and how to fix the problem. I often put my computer into standby or hibernate mode. I find that after doing this the number will not refresh automatically without shutting down my browser and reopening it.As soon as I do this it starts refreshing automatically. Are yo able to reproduce this behavior and fix?
 I do not reproduce this issue. Maybe can you check if anything special shows up in the javascripts logs on your browser ?

I just removed this plug in as it doesn’t tell me when reviews are due. It sat there all morning with a big fat zero. Eventually I thought “there must be some reviews by now” and clicked it; the box showed zero. Then about five seconds later it updated itself and showed that 18 reviews were waiting!

velw said... I just removed this plug in as it doesn't tell me when reviews are due. It sat there all morning with a big fat zero. Eventually I thought "there must be some reviews by now" and clicked it; the box showed zero. Then about five seconds later it updated itself and showed that 18 reviews were waiting!
I'm not able to reproduce this case. Could anyone tell me if the problem is happening for them too, and maybe give me more details about it ? Is it still related to the computer's sleep mode ?

Works great for me, thank you for making this. I’ll go and review it now

velw said... I just removed this plug in as it doesn't tell me when reviews are due. It sat there all morning with a big fat zero. Eventually I thought "there must be some reviews by now" and clicked it; the box showed zero. Then about five seconds later it updated itself and showed that 18 reviews were waiting!
 I have the same issue.  Even with the 5 minute refresh interval I have to click the icon to get it to update most of the time.