ChristopherFritz's Study Log

Two months and a bit later, I’ve been coasting along.

My daily manga reading has dropped significantly due to a few things.
  1. I have had my brother’s cat living with me since last year, and the cat likes to wake me up a few times in the middle of the night to be let under the blanket for a few minutes. The impact has been a nightly loss of about two to three hours of sleep this past year. I’ve recently changed a few things that seem to have reduced these random wake-up calls, which is essential since…

2. This past month, I’ve transitioned from working from home full-time to working in the office three days a week. Between commuting time and taking a lunch break in the office, my free time is reduced by about five hours a week. For the time being, I’ve filed the bus rides with playing a Nintendo 3DS game I had bought and never played, although that’s on hiatus for the moment due to…

3. Tears of the Kingdom.

Figuring I’m about a third of the way through Tears of the Kingdom, I’ll likely be preoccupied for a few more weeks before I really get back into my daily manga reading.

In the meantime, I need to try and at least be somewhat of caught up on book clubs, leaving the other manga I’m reading on break.

And above all else, the last thing I want to do is to introduce something else to take up my ti—ah, there’s a 風の谷のナウシカ book club starting in a month!

My recognized words coverage for ナウシカ is currently at 65% of total word usage across the series.

I need to learn about 40 words to get that up to 70%, which is the minimum for me to be able to feel like I’m not looking up every other word. It’d probably be another 60 words on top of that to reach 75%, but I know that’s not happening…

darkness

Considering in English I only read maybe one and a half volumes (I probably still have my bookmark in there), and even then I had trouble keeping track of who’s who, and what was going on (I was reading about 15 mins a week, each Saturday), trying the series in Japanese might be a bad idea.

Still, no harm in giving it a try. Sailormoon sat on my shelf for decades before being read. Even if I’m not ready for it yet, I don’t think ナウシカ will have to wait nearly as long.

14 Likes