Change start date?

Would it be possible to change my start date?

I apparently signed up for and was accepted into WK back on July 1 of last year. But I didn’t start using WK until March 22 last month.

Is there any way I can change this so my stats aren’t out of sync in the app?

You can not change it yourself. Your only options are:

a. Drop a mail to hello@wanikani.com asking for it to be changed. I personally doubt they would change it, but who knows…
b. Ask the app developer to include a feature that provides a mechanism to calibrate/compensate for such cases.
c. Create a new account.
d. Make peace with your circumstances.

Changing the subscription date would confuse the app, and make matters a lot worse.
An easy fix for your situation is to export your db (Menu/Export), change the number of vacation days spent at level 1 and import the file back.
The export file is a plain CSV text file, and you can open it e.g. with excel. Or you can simply send it to me and I’ll be glad to fix it.
I don’t need the API key, but if you want to give it to me, I can do some more realistic checks on the resulting file.

Ok, thanks guys. I’ll try the email first.

Stats? Do you mean like, average days it takes to finish every level and such?

crissuit said... Stats? Do you mean like, average days it takes to finish every level and such?
 I'm not sure, but my guess was he was using an app such as this one: http://ky.is/wanikani/

I, too, have an unsightly, long first level there. It doesn't bother me enough to look for ways to change my sub date, tho.

If that’s the case, then it’ll change normal later. That’s what it did to mine, my first level took more than 60 days because I didn’t use WK frequently the moment I signed up, but by level 5 or so the average timing went from 30 days per level to 9 days per level (which is what my average timing was after the first level).

I don’t see a menu/export feature. How can I export my WK data?

Kwami said... I don't see a menu/export feature. How can I export my WK data?
 My mistake. I thought @Eastwood was speaking about the android app (and I hope he wasn't because changing the subscription date does break it).
AFAIK WK does not allow exporting data, and I doubt it collects it -- at least on a per-account basis.
amingv said...
crissuit said... Stats? Do you mean like, average days it takes to finish every level and such?
 I'm not sure, but my guess was he was using an app such as this one: http://ky.is/wanikani/

I, too, have an unsightly, long first level there. It doesn't bother me enough to look for ways to change my sub date, tho.

Yeah, I have the same issue. It's not too bad, but I do just have to compensate in my mind a bit for the number it gives me. Oh well.
s84606 said...
Kwami said... I don't see a menu/export feature. How can I export my WK data?
 My mistake. I thought @Eastwood was speaking about the android app (and I hope he wasn't because changing the subscription date does break it).
AFAIK WK does not allow exporting data, and I doubt it collects it -- at least on a per-account basis.
That's too bad. We can already get the data with API calls, but it'd be much easier if WK just had an export function.