Can't submit answers since update

Ever since the update, I have not been able to submit answers on my chromebook. When I try to enter (either hiragana reading or English meaning), I type in the answer and enter, the field goes blank, shakes, and I get the same item over and over again. Doesn’t matter if I am entering a correct or incorrect answer. I can use Wanikani on a windows machine, but not on my chromebook. Has anyone else experienced this and can help?

2 Likes

Do you have any userscripts running on that chromebook?

I don’t think so. I do use wikistats – would that be considered a userscript? In case it is, I removed my API token from wkstats and reloaded. I still can’t submit answers in the reviews.
Marie

No, userscripts would run directly on the wk website. If the issue is easily reproducible, make a video and send an email to hello@wanikani.com. The admins will sort that out over there.

I have the exact same issue and have done since the major update. Any luck resolving it? Hard to use my phone subtly to study at work…

@Stromboli Users who have been having these issues have been able to resolve it by updating their OS and browser. It seems like the main issue is that the latest update isn’t compatible with really old devices or OS. Could you try updating to the latest OS and browser available? If it’s still happening, please email us with your device and browser information.

Hiya

Just tried to look for an update on my chrome box but it says the OS is up to date, version is 90.0.4430.86 (official build) (64-bit)

Theres a good chance my work pc is simply outdated or old as balls and isnt comparable which would seriously suck, but if theres another workaround I’d be very eager to try it

1 Like

Hey Stromboli,

It’s likely the Chrome Box’s OS is outdated and that’s why the bug is occurring, as the current version of ChromeOS is 112.0.5615.62. We’ll let you know if we find any workarounds with this, though.

1 Like