Can't advance to review by pressing enter

Previously, once you’ve answered a review, you can advance to the next one by pressing enter. However, this no longer works, making it very difficult for me to do reviews. This makes WK pretty much useless, so I hope you fix it soon.

12 Likes

Oddly, it seems to be working again now. I’m not sure why it broke earlier.

2 Likes

Yep, glad to know I wasn’t the only one running into this. My session just now followed a simple loop:

1. See current review, enter answer in box.
  2. Press return, look at the pleasant green, safe in the knowledge of another review answered correctly.
  3. Press enter key to continue, but to no avail.
  4. Hammer it a few more times for no good reason.
  5. Scream “ARRGHGGH! whatishappening”
  6. Reach for mouse, click petulantly on arrow to proceed to next review
  7. Goto 1.
6 Likes

I’ve been doing small batches of reviews pretty much every hour for the whole day. I’ve not had any issues with using enter to proceed. I’d recommend turning off scripts and toggling script compatibility mode to try and find what’s causing the problem.

I’m using some scripts with script compatibility mode on myself.

1 Like

I had this problem yesterday but went away after I turned script compatibility mode on…

2 Likes

I don’t have any scripts running during review sessions. I’ll see if it reoccurs next time I do a review, as @l_l says it might have fixed itself now…

1 Like

I don’t use any scripts with WK and have script compatibility mode off, and it still happened to me.

1 Like

Hmm, that sounds like a bug with the site then. I’d expect to see a lot more noise about it everyone was experiencing it though. Maybe it’s browser specific.

1 Like

I had this same problem. But once I switched script compatibility mode to on, it was fixed.

2 Likes

I had this problem as well! Required SC mode to be on before it went away…

2 Likes

I had some other problems yesterday (UI freezing after one completed review item), I turned on script compatibility mode, it became okay. However now I have the same problems as the topic starter, even with SC on. Another problem I had is that lessons page wasn’t loading today with SC enabled (even on mobile, without any scripts), I had to temporarily disable it to fix.

I just did 2 review sessions. The first review session was normal. Then, in the second review session (19 items), I experienced this. None of the keyboard shortcuts worked. Not F, not spacebar, not J, not enter.

Another Friday deployment?

2 Likes

Is this still the issue? I’ve had other people email earlier with the same enter key issue but they replied saying it works for them now.

Is your script compatibility mode turned on or off? Is it working if you try it on a browser with no scripts? I can’t seem to replicate it on my end right now.

2 Likes

i have script compatibility mode turned on and am now experiencing this issue, although i didn’t have it during my previous reviews today. disabling all scripts does reenable keyboard shortcuts.

Does it work when you turn it off?

In either case, we’ll look at the issue in the morning tomorrow! Sorry for the wait :bowing_woman:t2:

3 Likes

it does not work when i turn script compatibility mode off, although that is more likely because of the recent change affecting the override script.

1 Like

My script compatibility is turned off, I only use the WK Open Framework and Ultimate Timeline. Firefox latest version on Windows 10.

The keyboard shortcuts work when I do lesson quiz, but not when I do reviews.

I have not tried with my scripts turned off, but it’s no big deal since I can also use my mouse instead of enter.

For what it’s worth, the keyboard worked during lessons for me as well even while it was broken for reviews.

1 Like

This just happened to me. I don’t use any scripts, and I was on Google Chrome. I did about 10 reviews, closed out of the browser, then I opened it again to find it working as normal. I’m not sure what the problem was.

2 Likes

I’ve done two review sessions since I first encountered the issue earlier today, but it didn’t reoccur in either of them - the Enter key was working fine. So, I dunno :sweat_smile:

1 Like