Can we have sound reading buttons in the 'Common Word Combinations' part as well?

Hello all,

(I think I got addicted to Wanikani, I often can’t wait until the top of the hour to get the next reviews).

I noticed that there are ‘loudspeaker buttons’ in the ‘Vocab Reading’ part in the ‘Reading’ tab when learning new Vocab/Kanji.

I was wondering if it would be possible to also have the same functionality under the ‘Word Use’ tab with the ‘Common Word Combinations’ ?

Personally I feel that this helps me

1. to cross check that I was reading this correctly (especially with phrases containing Katakana), i.e. I try to read it myself first and then have the confirmation
  2. memorizing words (not only the newly learned ones) better by hearing them while reading.

In fact, I often find myself running say -v kyoko ‘(paste phrase here)’ on Mac to check myself – having a button on Wanikani would make this even easier.

(FWIW, I’m working through Memrise’s Japanese courses in parallel and I really think hearing the words there helps me remember them together with the reading).

3 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, these “Common Word Combinations” only show up during lessons, and you can’t find it on the kanji page? Because I think that I have seen it once, but now I can’t find it any more…

2 Likes

Correction: it’s found on vocab pages, but only until level 5

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.