Can we have options to throw vocabs away?

If you can find one, that is :slight_smile:

EDIT: and btw, this isn’t true for another reason as well. If anyone decides they aren’t interested in your “bitching” they could put you on ignore.

2 Likes

たしょ is useless.

I suppose you won’t be sending an email to that blogger to correct them though. If you really did believe that.

2 Likes

I just did. :slight_smile:

How does a sacrificial fly work in baseball? I could google it but prefer to engage you.

I’m guessing you’re aware that if someone hits a ball into the air and it’s caught, that they are out. That’s called a fly out.

On a fly out, the runners can’t advance to another base until they’ve returned to touch the base they started on during that at-bat. This makes it tougher to get to the next base on a fly out.

If the batter hits the ball far enough, there can be time for a runner to return to touch their base and still get home to score a run even on a fly out. The batter “sacrificed” themself for the runner’s chance to score.

It’s different from a typical fly out in that it doesn’t count against the batter’s batting average.

3 Likes

Surprise surprise… now we know who the baseball fans are…

I think I heard that Koichi likes baseball, so it’s probably a bit of a personal thing that he put a few extra baseball terms in the service he created. I don’t think it’s a problem, I just go with it.

I don’t care for sports, but any vocabulary is useful to me to practice kanji so that I can more quickly recall the reading and meaning.

4 Likes

I mean…he’s American AND Japanese. That’s like DOUBLE the Baseball!

6 Likes

Because I know one of the basic rules of the game? I mean, baseball is fine, I played it when I was a kid. But I know the rules of a bunch of other sports too, and I’m not a fan of every single sport.

I basically have no interest in American football, don’t root for any teams, and wouldn’t ever go to a game, but I know all the main rules, since I’ve been exposed enough to have picked it up.

1 Like

Yeah I guess basic rules to you are gibberish words to me. I’ll try to watch a game and see if I can enjoy it… I’ve never really given it a chance

You’re in Japan, right? You could try rooting for the representative of your prefecture in the Koshien tournament. Professional baseball seasons are too long to really have any grasp on the stakes of a single game randomly. But Koshien is a single-elimination tournament with high school kids, so there’s more intensity and passion, especially if we ever get back to a point where fans can attend games again.

2 Likes

I realized this thread slowly making me to lose some interest in this community page. And the worst thing is it is affecting my motivation of learning Japanese. Before it is too late, i am intended to take action.

i want to keep my WaniKani membership but want to delete the community membership. I have searched it but could not find a specific post or setting. Can anyone explain me how to accomplish that please?

1 Like

Learning Japanese is extremely rewarding and Wanikani is the best tool for learning kanji. That’s coming from someone who is criticizing the shit out of it, so I hope that means something to you…

I think only moderator can delete forum account, so you should send an email at hello@wanikani.com

Also, less extreme, you can also mute the thread, you will not get notified anymore and it will not appear in the Latest section. At the bottom, near the share/bookmark/flag and reply button, by clicking on Tracking. You can also mute whole category, by going to that category and clicking on the Bell button near “New Topic”.

1 Like

I agree with both statements. I will keep learning and enjoying japanese and use wanikani. I am only deleting my community membership.

1 Like

Worth noting though that none of those will make it stop showing up on the recent community topics list on the WK dashboard, just in case that was part of the desired result.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.