Can vocab just reject readings put in the meaning field instead of counting them wrong?

I just thought that the box with the code takes too much space, and the code is irrelevant to this topic. It would not be secret anyway because it is still visible in the edit history of my post.

If I’m reading your Self-Study Quiz code correctly, it seems that you’ve used for meaning-instead-reading mistakes the same method that I came up with.

I’ve experimented with it today, but I was not sure if I should even post this, because it only works if the meaning that the user has written is an exact match. So if the meaning is “eyebrow” and the user has written “えいぇbろws” (“eyebrows”), then it fails to recognize the reading/meaning mixup (okay, in this specific example it is not that much of a problem, because the latin characters in the response result in a shake anyway).

Here is this new version with reading-instead-meaning as well as meaning-instead-reading:

deleted

Sorry for spamming code boxes into this topic ^^

2 Likes

I’ve updated my local copy, and will review when I get time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.