Can I have cake now, Crabigator-sama?

Thanks :blush: You’ll definitely get there, you’re 1/3 on your way already! And it gets easier in many ways after a while, I think. Good luck :smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations on levelling up! What are you planning on doing next?

2 Likes

Thank you :smile:

Of course I’ll attempt to burn all items :grin: And I’m going to read, as much as I can manage.
I’ll continue Kaniwani, which I started but didn’t have time for :sweat_smile: I’m thinking 5 lessons and reviews each day. And I’ll do perhaps 5 min duolingo each day, just to get some other impulses. I’ll go through Textfugu grammar maybe during the next two months, and I’m listening to Japanese pod 101 driving to work, so I guess I’ll do lots of small, varied things. None of them will take up more time than Wanikani anyway, except reading :laughing:

I’m trying to get a lot done now, because I know I’ll have less time in four-five months. I’m hoping my reviews will be easy to maintain by then (may the Crabigator be with me).

3 Likes

Congratulations @LittleCheeno!! Here’s some more virtual cake :cake:

cake

I’m glad to hear you’re going to try and keep up with learning, even if it’s just a few minutes a day :’)

You might of course already know about this thread, but it’s been a very useful reference for me during times I try to branch out of my reading comfort zone.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors! :sunflower:

4 Likes

Thank you, one can never have too much cake :smile:

I didn’t know about the thread, that will be really useful :grin: I was a little lost on how to get more reading material, since I was quite limited by what wound fit in my suitcase on my way home from Japan earlier :sweat_smile: Having someone to ask and discuss with is so helpful, and it looks like a lot of questions are already answered there.

2 Likes

Hehe, true :cake: That’s awesome, I’m happy it was helpful!

I feel you on this! To be honest, last time I was in Japan I ended up having to buy a second suitcase just to bring back all the books I bought lolol.

Here’s another thread on buying digital books in particular - even though it’s a little old, it’s still useful!

• For example, I don’t have an actual Kindle, but I have the Kindle app on my Android. After setting up an amazon.co.jp account, I use the app to download samples of and purchase Kindle-compatible eBooks from Amazon Japan very straightforwardly.

And one final thread, I promise >~< :

5 Likes

Congratulations!! :tada: :partying_face: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

We ended up buying another suitcase too xD Too much stuff to take home, even though we came there with one suitcase empty (of three), we went home with four, almost bursting :laughing:

Thank you, I have a kindle so that was something I wanted to look in to :grin:

This other thread was really impressive, I didn’t know all resources were listed so completely in one place like that - really brilliant! There are so many of these I’ve never even heard about :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Agreed.

@_Shiori-先輩 thank you for these links I have both bookmarked! Like @LittleCheeno, they are impressive in their breath and comprehensiveness. This will really help down the line as I am starting grammar and would like to read soon despite >20 WK level. :bowing_man:

3 Likes

@LittleCheeno Haha, good to know I wasn’t alone in buying extra suitcases! :laughing: I really love paper books, but they do have their downsides…

You’re very welcome! Glad I could be helpful in sharing them.

セーセー先輩 ??!hehehe oh stop it you
tenor

Of course, you’re welcome! I’ve got them bookmarked as well. I’m making an effort this year to focus on grammar too, so 一緒に頑張りましょう!

3 Likes

B-but 17<41 Is it not セーセー先輩??
congratulations alice

3 Likes

Congratulations on making it to level 60! Reading Ao Haru Ride will be the PERFECT use of your skils now :wink:

2 Likes

And welcome to the community :blush:

2 Likes

Sounds right :smile: In which case _Shiori would be my 師匠, for all the help and guidance :blush:

3 Likes

Well done! Congratulations! Like you, I have a full time job and busy family life so studying is a bit slow! 20 Levels to go 一生懸命勉強しなくちゃ。。。

And great to read also about Kaniwani, I learnt something there!

2 Likes

おめでとうございます!!
Heres some nice virtual cake: :cake: :cupcake: :moon_cake: :pancakes: :cake: :cupcake: :fish_cake: :moon_cake: :pancakes:
I hope to reach that peak someday, its a long way ahead lol

3 Likes

You’ll get there too, keep going! You’re almost at the coolest level after all - enlightenment awaits you :wink:

Kaniwani is a good way to fresh up on vocab-knowledge, I think. I hope it will be useful for you too :slight_smile: There’s also Kamesame, but I haven’t tried it, as I had already started using Kaniwani (and that one is free). I believe Kamesame solves some of the frustrations of Kaniwani though.

1 Like

Thank you, and good luck :blush: It takes some time and dedication, but it’s worth it! Just take your time and mind the apprentice count to not get overwhelmed (and use vacation mode if needed) and you will continue to have progress and eventually get to cake day :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Always inspiring to hear success stories. Right now in the weeds level 60 seems years away!

:confetti_ball: :cake: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes