Can anyone help me find this book online?

Can anyone help me find this book? I’m wanting to search for it online but I don’t yet know how to type Japanese characters so I am not sure how to find it. I think the title says ‘rabbit sleeps peacefully’ and so i typed that in along with the publisher name (at least i think it was the publisher name; it was one of the only English sentences on the back for me to use in either case) but didn’t find it from that.

Does anyone know if I should be using any of the numbers on the back to search for it, and where i would input that if so? I swear to god i read so many books; I just have no idea how to go about searching databases for them XD

I ‘really’ want this book, so if anyone knows where to find it, I would be eternally grateful!

3 Likes

You can search by the product code in the bottom-right corner: 4910037310958

7 Likes

YEEEEEY! =D

Thank you so much!!!

Do you happen to know if that site ships to the EU and where i would find info on import charges? Is there a way to see Japanese book sites in English for those with Japanese no where near good enough to understand any of the information?

Many thanks!

This appears to have been published as a “magazine” rather than strictly speaking a book. こどものとも年少版 seems to be a ‘monthly magazine’ where each issue is actually a picture book. (This is the ‘ages 2-4’ line; they have other equivalent lines for other age groups.) The one you’re after is the 2015年 09月号, ie the September 2015 edition.

Unfortunately I suspect that means you’re not going to be able to find a copy except second-hand, which implies that it’s going to be a bit awkward to buy if you’re not in Japan (ie needs a forwarding proxy service).

4 Likes

You can order from Amazon.jp. They calculate the customs beforehand and ship very quickly. The site is available in English, top

3 Likes

True in general, but alas in this specific case the item is only available second hand, so it’s not amazon but the third party seller that do the shipping. Unusually in this case the seller will ship internationally, if you’re happy paying a fortune in shipping…

2 Likes

Isn’t that half of the fun of Amazon.jp? Buying an 800 yen item and paying 3500 yen in shipping? :smiley:

You might have luck with ebay. A lot of people import Japanese publications and mark them up for sale overseas, but the markup is still often less than the cost to ship an individual item.

2 Likes

What about things like customs too? I realise international shipping might be expensive, but would anybody really have to pay customs for buying one little book? =(

Is it popular enough that it might be at BookOff?

2 Likes

You could try contacting the people at verasia.eu to see I they know how to get their hands on this edition! They specialize in shipping to EU for really cheap, so might be worth a shot

1 Like

This depends massively on the destination country (everywhere has different rules about what duties apply at what rates and starting from what value on what kind of goods), how the seller listed contents/value on the packaging, and sometimes even what postage method (eg UK Royal Mail sometimes charge an extra fee for admin). For a book sent to the UK I would not expect to pay anything extra, because (a) books are zero rated for VAT and (b) it would be under the minimum value for customs duty. But other countries will be different.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll give it a look =)

In that case that’s brilliant news! I don’t mind paying an excessive amount of postage because I really want this book, but it was just the idea of other additional crazy charges lurking behind the scenes which started to worry me then XD

Now I just need to find a place which will ship to the UK, so i’m going to try a couple of the places suggested to me in this thread =)

1 Like

I will have a look, thanks! =)

No one has commented on this yet - I don’t think that’s a rabbit :caught_durtling: :goat:

4 Likes

I totally questioned myself on this too XD I thought that the first character looked nothing like an ‘u’, but then when I typed in what I initially thought it read as, the results returned from google were quite unhelpful. So i just decided it must be a rabbit, ahaha!

…so, erm…what animal is it? …asking for a friend! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s こやぎ - baby goat :3

4 Likes

I’ve just tried ordering this but remembered that I need to create an account on Amazon.jp. If i do that, will it be okay for me to enter an international address? And if i do, will the site calculate the shipping for me? I have literally no idea what i’m doing XD

1 Like

Yep!