Can 解 be removed?

意味が理解できません

20 Likes

Haha, I hope you never used sentences like

• Ich futtere das Baby (I eat the baby)
  • Ich habe mich getauscht (I swapped myself)
  • Ich säuge die Wohnung (I breastfeed the apartment)

:grin:

Autocomplete for kanji works the same magic, by the way :wink:

22 Likes

I used to be in high school with a girl who, on a particularly warm day, tried to express her displeasure at the ambient temperature by exclaiming “Ich bin so heiß” in a fairly busy tram.

Suffice to say that got a few funny looks from the locals :joy:

12 Likes

:rofl: A French friend of mine (who studies German) likes to say „Ich bin kalt“ :grin: which is not half as dramatic though :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

It’s interesting to me to hear the different reactions we have to kanji. I actually have the opposite reaction to 解 – maybe because to me the radicals 角, 刀 and 牛 combined to mean “unravel”/“undo” or “solve” remind me of the Gordian Knot story.

Alexander “solves” the impossible problem from a different 角 to “unravel” the complex knot (tied to an 牛 (ox) cart) by using his 刀 to just cut it. Sorry, I know it’s dumb, but it was a way for me to get both meanings of the kanji to stick.

13 Likes

Welcome to 鰐蟹.

You might not enjoy the kanji 蟹.

And I still don’t have any idea if this thread is serious or not.

14 Likes

驫, you’re on thin ice.蠢 too.

and a bunch more, of course. Those are just the first two to pop in my head.

6 Likes

解せぬ。

12 Likes

一緒に 解けば?

10 Likes

いいえ、もう大丈夫です。皆さんの返事を読んで、緊張がほぐれてきたもの。

11 Likes

Man, you’re gonna be in for a treat once you’re on level 50+ and you learn yet another complicated Kanji that looks almost the same as 3 others you’ve already learned (and forgotten) and means the same thing as 5 other Kanji that look completely different.

10 Likes

If you can’t handle me at my 誤解 you don’t deserve me at my 了解.

16 Likes

What do you you mean you don’t see a 刀 at an 角 to save a poor 牛 from her troubles! 解 the 牛 problems! If the 角 is wrong, the poor 牛 is already 死. Hope making this 部首分解 story more stupid has helped you 解く this situation.

8 Likes

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand 解. The stroke order is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Sengoku-era ukiyo-e artwork most of the linguistic nuances will go over a typical self-learner’s head. There’s also 解’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Fukuzawa Yukichi literature, for instance.

15 Likes

Can I humbly ask you to elaborate, or provide some references?

I don’t know if I should take you seriously or if I completely missed the irony, heh

But now I am intrigued and and I want to 解く this matter!

2 Likes

This guy watches Rick and Morty and Jojo.

4 Likes

The guy’s gone so snobbish that he’s shot straight through obvious satire and clear into Poe’s Law territory.

13 Likes

If you have too many strokes, find the nearest cardiologist or something

Also, the fugu has met its match

6 Likes

You know what they say: different strokes for different folks!

6 Likes

Nah, a neurologist, or perhaps an internist first.

4 Likes