Bye-bye scripts on Android :'(

Firefox on Android got a big update the other day. The browser moved to a new engine and updated the UI. The unfortunate part is that the add-ons (expect a few featured ones) aren’t supported. Tampermonkey is no longer working, meaning no user scripts on Android.

Even though I primarily do my reviews on PC I liked to have some dashboard scripts on mobile. The Firefox team is supposedly working on the add-on support but they haven’t announced anything yet. How unfortunate.

7 Likes

Aw that’s a shame. Have you looked into flaming durtles app? It has most of the scripts and it’s for android :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Nah, I only have 1 month left to get to lvl 60. Afterwards I’ll probably be using wk much less, so it’s not inssue.

Just unfortunate because Firefox was the only way to run any user script on mobile.

3 Likes

Wait seriously? My PC is no longer working and I’ve been using Firefox with scripts for a month or so now to stay on top of WK, what a shame. Do you know if there’s a way to revert Firefox to it’s previous version, or is this update final?

Edit:
As long as Reorder and WK timeline still work I’ll be happy enough, or will all scripts be affected?

2 Likes

They updated the app version in Play market, so there’s no official way to get the old version of the app. (besides, using outdated browser versions is a huge security risk, so I would not recommend trying to side load old apks)

The script manager addon doesn’t work, so all scripts are out.

But you can use Flaming Durtles app to get those features.

1 Like

Which version of FF breaks all add-ons?

1 Like

Version 79.0

1 Like

The scripts have stopped working on my PC Firefox, too :cry:

Edit: Fixed. I was just missing an update… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Oh. I guess mine is older. It updated three days ago, but it’s only version 68.11.0. Weird.

1 Like

Damn, I’ll give flaming durtles a go at some stage then, cheers for letting me know about it.

1 Like

Scripts do work on Firefox 79.0 Windows version.
Which scripts and Firefox version are you refering too?

1 Like

Ah, nevermind, they’re working again. I just had to update Firefox, now I feel silly lol
Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Weird my scripts are still working too, perhaps my Firefox has yet to update or else the script editor I’m using is compatible with this new update, it’s not tampermonkey, can’t remember what’s its called but it still seems to be working fine for me.

1 Like

Can you guys confirm that scripts on firefox are indeed working please? :o I’d like to remove the firefox suggestion from my guide if indeed they’re not working.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Works fine on desktop, but they haven’t sorted out addons on the new version on Android yet.

2 Likes

I see, thanks for the quick reply ^^

3 Likes

I’ve been hurting for days because of this… I thought no one would understand… :pleading_face: Let me use a word this beautiful platform that bound us all together taught me some days ago:

:sparkles:同感:sparkles:

(k that was weird on purpose… but still kinda true)

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing many other annoying bugs on WK and Discourse when using new FF on mobile.
Thinking of switching to Chrome :cry:

1 Like

Haven’t tried myself yet, but Kiwi is a Chromium browser that supports extensions on Android.

2 Likes

I use Kiwi on mobile.

1 Like