BU$TAFELLOWS 💰 (Visual Novel Book Club) // Completed

I checked and I didn’t unlock anything in the gallery. However as people talk, sometimes in the corner an icon blinks “Archive”. And then you can see the list of Archive and read them again I suppose. I think I’ve unlocked around 10. Maybe that could be a way of tracking our progress too.

1 Like

Huh okay. I wonder what that archive thing is, separate from the backlog, I assume? I’m not so well versed in VN stuff yet. ^^

Well, I seem to find nothing online on the %. I’m not good enough at Japanese to skim read multiple search item summaries in any kind of a timely manner. So I give up. :sweat_smile:

So… maybe we/I can use the first prologue+chapter 1 to figure out how the % works, and see if it can be used to pick pace. This is what we’re in for when we decide to have VN clubs, sometimes very imprecise ways to divide up content. ^^’

2 Likes

The archive is the name of the dictionary in this game, it’s a collection of definitions of terms/places/characters.

I took a look at the percentages (I’ve played before so didn’t need to worry about spoilers) and it appears to be linked to the memorabilia. Mine measured out to about 5% after skipping through chapter one.

2 Likes

Is the archive part of the memorabilia? Or maybe a better question is: what are the memorabilia? I know it is definitely CGs, but is it only CGs?

Also, appreciate the help! :smiley:

2 Likes

No the memorabilia was empty! It’s probably more rare events

2 Likes

The archive is separate from the memorabilia. Memorabilia are kind of like achievements, you get them based on some choices, finishing chapters and endings as well as from a couple other things. CGs are also separate. All of them can be checked from the gallery on the main menu.

3 Likes

Ah okay, I didn’t realize that from the guides, but then it wasn’t like any of them actually talked about that stuff.

Means basically that memorabilia and the % doesn’t add anything we don’t already have, except for potentially some idea of how much of the VN we’ve read. ^^

Thanks for the help, both of you @Akashelia and @pyororon!

Seems I’ll have to lead this by randomly guessing at good scheduling. xD The way of the VN world. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Visual novels definitely don’t make it easy :joy:

2 Likes

Are we starting tomorrow??? Forgot to hype it up, thought there were like 10 days to go! But tomorrow is great, let’s goooo!

4 Likes

Woah, it’s tomorrow already! I’ll be busy tomorrow but can’t wait to get reading this weekend. Hopefully we don’t drown :joy:

Will there be a thread for the prologue + 1st chapter or what’s the plan? Can’t remember if it was said previously

3 Likes

As I understand, the prologue is very short, so I’ll include that with chapter 1. If that turns out to not be true, I’ll just add an extra thread as soon as I know. (:

2 Likes

Oh, been busy with work, thought I missed the start and would have to play catch-up lol.

Downloading now…!

Bought prepaid cards from Amazon, worked like a charm, getting my game and at the actual exchange rate :smiley:

3 Likes

Week 1 thread is up!

Hopefully I didn’t miss something! xD

3 Likes

I just wanted to say I won’t be able to participate in this, because my phone (on which I intended to play it) … well… I can hardly do WaniKani reviews on it any more (or anything for that matter)
It’s a little hard to explain … let’s just say it/the screen is broken ^^’

I hope and wish you all very much fun with the VN though! :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Oh no! That sucks! D: I hope you can get it repaired/replace it.

We’ll still be in the threads if you get around to reading it later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess that’ll have to wait until I get a new phone :see_no_evil: which… may be some time :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:
but yeah I just hope it doesn’t stop working altogether, that would be really bad right now :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

What version do most folks have by the way? I got the ‘deluxe’ edition which came with a little magazine (which is marked spoilers so I haven’t read yet), a drama cd and a soundtrack cd. Probably makes sense to do once we’re through the game but happy to upload pictures etc for folks that don’t have that version if that’s something people would be interested in?

3 Likes

Waw that sounds cool! Definitely post pictures, you can put them in the “details” tag so they are only visible if someone chooses to click on it :slight_smile:

To start to figure out how our speed is working for us, I have two polls below. One for those who’ve already finished reading chapter 1 (and prologue), and one for those that haven’t. Please answer as soon as possible. Even if you think you’ll finish the reading tomorrow, do answer the not having finished poll right now.

If you finish the reading and the polls are still open, feel free to vote in the having read poll too.

This is to give me an idea of how much effort this have been for people, while also acknowledging that our weeks are variable and sometimes work/holidays/stuff got busy, and sometimes they don’t. Pick the option that best fits, and if you truly feel like no option does, please comment below and let me know what is missing. I’ll adjust the options going forward.

We’ll be doing a lot of these polls to figure out how much time to give each chapter/part. So bear with me, and do the poll clicking please. :blush:

Finished reading chapter 1: How did reading one chapter over two weeks feel?
  • Too much time left over (had plenty of reading time left that could have been used to read more)
  • A little time left over (a little faster wouldn’t be a problem at all)
  • Just right
  • A tiny bit less than wanted (spent more time reading than is usually available)
  • A lot less than wanted (spent a lot of more time reading than is usually available)

0 voters

Not finished reading chapter 1 yet: How is it going?
  • I think I can finish on Thursday or there about
  • I will be behind on Friday, but I think I can catch up during the chapter 2 reading
  • I will be behind on Friday, and I don’t think I can catch up, please comment below with more information
  • I have no idea

0 voters

1 Like

Chapter 2 is here:

The consensus from my poll in the above post is that most people find the time for chapter 1 about right or only leaving a little time left over, we’ll read chapter 2 over two weeks too, unless someone comes back to me early this coming week saying chapter 2 was significantly shorter.

EDIT: I will keep the polls open in the above post until tomorrow. Please vote if you haven’t yet, so I can have as many people as possible who are reading the VN actually get their voice heard on speed. :slight_smile:

4 Likes