BU$TAFELLOWS šŸ’° ā€œChapter 6ā€ (Visual Novel Book Club)

ā€œChapter 6ā€ Auld lang syne (title spoiler)

This is being read as part of the Visual Novel Book Club.

bustafellowsCover
BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag: Home Thread

Previous Part: ā€œChapter 5ā€ Full Circle (title spoiler)
Next Part: None! Finished! :tada: (except potentially extras that arenā€™t covered officially by the club)

Reading + Choices

Week Start Date Chapter
Week 27 June 16th ā€œChapter 6ā€ Auld lang syne (title spoiler)

The choices are under double spoiler. So you can unblur one choice at the time (minimizing spoilers). OBS! Some choices have a time limit.

NO choices for Chapter 6 (as far as I can find):

n/a

Guides if you want to check choices yourself (link to English guide for those reading on PC)

These are the general links to the guides. Youā€™ll need to navigate to the current route yourself.
Japanese guide #1 ā† This is the one used for choices
Japanese guide #2
English guide - this is a review (that links to all the guides), so donā€™t read past the walkthrough links unless you are okay with spoilers. It does note when minor spoilers start and then major spoilers. Reader beware!

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter/part and any content in future chapters/parts.
  • When asking for help, do your best to provide context. Pasted text, screenshots, descriptions, etc. Unlike book clubs we canā€™t flip to relevant pages, so we may need a little help identifying exactly what is being discussed.
  • Feel totally at ease to ask questions or give your thoughts, any time! Clubs live and die by participation, and asking whatever question you have, no matter how silly it may seem, helps others who are reading it and even the answerer themselves.
  • Have fun, and do your best to interpret anything said with as much good faith as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• Iā€™m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • Iā€™m still reading this VN but I havenā€™t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the VN

0 voters

I finished playing this last night. Itā€™s not too long - more like side B length I think :thinking: My game still only shows as 60-something percent complete so Iā€™ve got some bad endings etc etc to get still which I might save for a bit.

One accessibility thing - this chapter had sections where there is a visual effect type thing on the screen (not sure really how to describe without spoilers) and reading reviews/comments I have seen a few people say that it gave them headaches/migraines if thatā€™s something they were prone to. It was okay for me but if anyone is worried about that happy to share more detail so you can make a judgement.

About this part Wow. That was wild. Iā€™m really not sure how I feel about it at all. On one hand, the visual effect was really good at adding this uneasy stressful quality to even cute scenes (eg. the birthday party). One the other hand, we got a lot of BIG revelations here, and us seeing things from Adamā€™s point of view and him being so out of it meant that I felt a bit unsatisfied that we didnā€™t really get the MCā€™s side of this (other than the small scene at the end) and see how her (and Luka, forced to relive her trauma in front of all of those people and who seemed to be heavily blaming herself for everything :sob::sob::sob::sob:) dealt with the fallout. Also that Sauli reveal! poor HelvĆ©tica! I feel like we really got to see how important of a father figure he was to HelvĆ©tica in his route so then Sauli essentially being like ā€œoh I just like to watch damaged people and Adam is even more damaged than youā€ must have been such a huge blow :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Anyway, lots of emotions and questions etc etc. Feel like I need some time to process all of the happenings. Itā€™s a good thing that itā€™s a month and a bit until the sequel comes out :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Wow a lot of things happening in this part, I really want to just keep playing until Iā€™m done! But going to sleep now, so much suspence :astonished:

I got to the point where Adam collapses on the street and is brought to the hospital. So weā€™ve seen Zoraā€¦ accusing Adam of killing himā€¦ then Adam talking to Zoraā€¦ or maybe just to himself it seems, due to the brain tumorā€¦ Canā€™t wait for more reveal!

2 Likes

You have much more self control than I did :joy_cat:

1 Like

Finished it too :slight_smile:

I enjoyed that there was so much reveal, so much doubt about what Adam did, and the reveal if his motive, the whole thing rather makes sense!
Though Iā€™m still puzzled about who killed Luka and why :thinking: but maybe it doesnā€™t really matter, whoever from Ruy Lopezā€¦
Mine is at 75% now, and in the Extra scenes I have 3 unplayed, and 2 not yet unlocked, will have to go and complete that!

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œAkashelia, post:5, topic:60995ā€]
Though Iā€™m still puzzled about who killed Luka and why :thinking: but maybe it doesnā€™t really matter, whoever from Ruy Lopezā€¦
[/quote]

I think they mention when they are talking about the list of Ruy Lopez names that Lukaā€™s boss is in the list. So Iā€™m guessing that who it was. Still not really an explanation of why he tried to kill her and then never tried again thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Wow everything was done so fast. I didnā€™t see that comming. Did not imagine the brother thing would be basically totally unrelated to the rest of the things of the game and the guys would play no part in solving it. Interesting that we were right about Adam being super suspicious but in the end he was defending someone and not being some evil mastermind. Felt really bad for everyone involved since it was basically no oneā€™s fault (but the brotherā€™s) but they all suffered as a consequence.
I agree that the Luca killing from before could have been explained more.
And I didnā€™t expect Sauri to be relevant again. I thought weā€™d gotten to know him in Helvs route so now I feel bad.

3 Likes