Burned Items Quiz [REQUEST]

There is a burned items quiz but it appears the creator of that is done doing any updates. It’s neat, but when it quizzes you “at random,” and you have over 1500 or more, it seems impossible to eventually quiz each of them at least once. Does anyone have any advice or ideas on collecting all the burned items and making sure you weed through each item at least once? It’s unlikely you would be able to do it in one go, so it would have to save your progress… After taking a break from Wanikani, I have doubts about my burned items and I’m not sure how to go through them easily to decide if I should resurrect any or not. 

Is there a way to collect all burned items ? 

Advice?

I would dearly love this, too.

1. Export your progress to csv file using WK API
    2. Import into HouHou, you can set them to be any level by default
    3. Study
    4. Profit?

:slight_smile:

How do you export your progress using the WK API?

Anzeigan said... 1. Export your progress to csv file using WK API
3. Study
4. Profit?

:)
 I didn't realize I could do this and I looked forever on how to.

For everyone else:

on the SRS tab, on the very bottom it says "Import SRS items"
it will let you import your wanikani items (both kanji and vocab, or just one or the other) with whatever SRS settings you choose. 

Yabba said...
3. Study
4. Profit?

For everyone else:

it will let you import your wanikani items (both kanji and vocab, or just one or the other) with whatever SRS settings you choose. 

how do i get the CSV file Anzeigan is talking about? and what SRS tab are you talking about?

that would be a very good feature to WK

plz make it happen!!!

Not entirely sure how importing to HouHou would help…

Hakkoo said...
Yabba said...
3. Study
4. Profit?

For everyone else:

how do i get the CSV file Anzeigan is talking about? and what SRS tab are you talking about?

Has anyone managed to do this? I've looked right through the API page and can't find anything relating to exporting your SRS items to a csv file.

If anyone has had any luck doing this I'd be super grateful if you could point us in the direction of how you did it :) :) :)
Meiko90 said...
Hakkoo said...
Yabba said...
3. Study
4. Profit?

For everyone else:

Has anyone managed to do this? I've looked right through the API page and can't find anything relating to exporting your SRS items to a csv file.

If anyone has had any luck doing this I'd be super grateful if you could point us in the direction of how you did it :) :) :)
 I can do it for you if you give me an api key and the csv format you'd like.

I am pretty sure that houhou can import directly from wanikani. No need to export.
Or it used to be able to.

Doesn’t https://wanikanitoanki.com/ export to .csv automatically?

Edit:

aragonsr said…
I am pretty sure that houhou can import directly from wanikani. No need to export.
Or it used to be able to.
 Now that you mention it, yes it does have a function like that.

I think it’d be cool if there was a version of a burned item quiz where the quizzes have the theme of ‘easily confused kanji/vocab’. Since when you’re learn the similar-looking items it’s on different levels, it’s easier not to get them mixed up in the context of WK reviews even though if you might not be able to differentiate between them ‘in the wild’.

Although I do not really have an answer to your question or a quiz script handy, I only resurrect items that fail to recognize in the wild.  For example, if I am reading a blog/news/whatever in Japanese and I see a Kanji that I do not recall, I check to see if it is available on WK or if it is an item that I had already burned.  It is a multi-step process, but it not only tells you what items you need to brush up on, but what appear more frequently in the wild.