"Burned" apprentice radicals?

Just noticed that I have four radicals that are marked as being apprentice level, but I’ve apparently already burned them in the past and so they don’t show up in the review queue. I think these were all part of the big radical update, so I’m sure that has something to do with it. Has anyone come across this and is there a fix? Is this intentional for them to be apprentice and not burned since the name changed? I suppose I could always resurrect and re-do them to get them back to burned :thinking:

For reference, the ones showing as apprentice are:
ム - Private - Level 2 - Retired Sept 2016
勹 - Prison - Level 1 - Retired July 2016
土 - Dirt - Level 2 - Retired July 2016
弓 - Bow - Level 2 - Retired Sept 2016

Those radicals are all ones that got renamed in the Great Renaming a few months back, so they would have been resurrected, though those are far from the only ones, so I’m not too clear on why those are behaving differently. Maybe check out https://www.wanikani.com/tools/dorc/form_tfg42 and see what it tells you.

1 Like

Hmmm, what do you mean they are marked as apprentice? For example mine say “burned”. Does that say “apprentice” for you?

Anyway, an email to hello@wanikani.com can probably clarify things for you, they usually reply fast.

Mine does show apprentice:

@Belthazar I took another look at that form, it still says that I’ve renewed my commitment to the crabigator and doesn’t really show me much else. Maybe when I originally did that form, something went wrong where it set those back to apprentice but didn’t take them out of retirement. Since they were supposed to have been back in the review queue, the solution for this might just be to manually resurrect them.

When you resurrect an item it temporarily assigns it back to Apprentice so that you can review it again, but you keep the option of re-burning it (unresurrecting? Would that be killing it?) to set it to Burned once more.

Try resurrecting and the re-burning one of them. If it’s just the SRS state that’s being incorrectly displayed that might kick it back on track. Let me know if it doesn’t, and we’ll poke around in the backend to see what got thrown off.

2 Likes

Looks like that works! Didn’t think of re-burning it after resurrecting it. Don’t know how it got in that state to begin with, but at least there’s an easy way to fix it :+1: Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.