Bungou Stray Dogs - miscellaneous discussion

I’m sorry I replied so late…
I kinda took a break from the internet/everything for a bit so I could sort some stuff out ehe.

Sorry, I’m very bad with remembering these kinds of things! :sob:

Luckily not! \o/ Just every now and then.

Yeah that’s where I’m at right now (Although I’m reading the manga rn for it as well and in the manga I’m at the point where Atsushi has flashbacks then is told his next target is the ADA.)

1 Like

Oh, it seems we got a spam ad here. I wonder why our little slow topic was targeted and not the other ones ^^"
And what it is a spam for, anyway? Drugs? :sweat_smile:
But I feel a stupid satisfaction that we’re getting spam in Japanese.
(Yes, I flagged it already.)

It’s okay! I was worried a little, but it’s not like you have any obligations to me or anything. :blush:
Good to have you back! I hope sorting things out went fine.

spoiler comments for that part

So the main thing I want to say is that in my opinion Akutagawa joining ADA and not having any Mafia experience didn’t solve all his problems with attitude after all. I mean, in the first place, he wasn’t even able to pass the entrance exam.
Atsushi (in ADA) was managing better, even at the start, while with Akutagawa, the atmosphere seems… tense :sweat_smile:
So I think this books is sorta proving my point that their situation is not so simple that just a reversal would totally reverse everything. Their characters also matter a lot.
Atsushi is ofc more ruthless here, but due to his character, he is also more obedient and calm, and um… polite. :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh, and I loved how Kunikida and Tanizaki were “talking” with just glances. It was so surreal. They have a good understanding between each other in this universe :grin:

1 Like

That’s so weird lmao, here of all places :laughing:

Response for my boy Ryuunosuke

Oh yeah he definitly didn’t change much addittude-wise…that boy grew up in the streets in both versions so he’s got quite the tongue on him :laughing:
I think my main point was that they could both be led to the right paths (Mainly by Dazai.) :thinking: Akutagawa is bad in the main series (And not exactly good in Beast LOL) but with the right help can be led down the right path, while Atsushi can also go either way.

But yeah, personality wise they’re p different. They both are very protective of their loved ones but Akutagawa is much much more vulgar. I don’t know why but he’s still baby to me :pleading_face: :point_right: :point_left: Like I wish to take him and give him a blanket and a nice snack and treat him like my child.
I would say some more stuff about Akutagawa being good/bad and similar to Atsushi, but it would be spoilesr for the recent manga and I dunno if you’re caught up so just in case I won’t!

I like this too…although I love anything with Kunikida in it :zipper_mouth_face: I love Tanizaki too…I love them all someone help me this is a problem.

On Most Recent BSD Manga

IF THEY
DON’T
BRING HIM
AND ALL OF THEM
bACK TO LIFE
I AM DONE LMAOOO
DO NOT MURDER MY BOY PLS YOU CAn’T JUST MAKE HIM BE AMAZING AND SWEET AND THEN DO THIS KAFKA ARE U TYING TO KILL MEA TA"NINPTQNETN"PI
Ok I’m good now

Sorry for the late reply again :rofl:

1 Like

this sounds like some kind of Lovecraft monster :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve read manga up to 20 volume, so I’m good, unless you’re reading along with the magazine version :smiley:

Manga spoilers

I think they will resurrect them, it’s hard for me to believe that all this massacre will be left this way.
People don’t really die in BSD, maybe in prequels (Oda, Rimbaud) but not in the main timeline.
Btw, Storm Bringer just introduced a lot of new characters. And this is a prequel. And they aren’t around now. So now I’m expecting a slaughter… All these descriptions and I’m just “mm, nice knowing you”. Not really a spoiler, since it’s just my prediction, not a confirmed fact.
Anyway, back to manga, even Akutagawa death seemed suspicious, because all this set-up about New Soukoku just for it suddenly ending? Especially since this duo was picked by Dazai, who always gets what he’s planned? I don’t think this failed fight was supposed to be the peak of New Soukoku capabilities.
And then, all these other victims? Too much. I can see it in The Walking Dead, but not here.
So yes, I’m expecting there will be some kind of miracle solution.

And I admit that this fight on the ship was quite cute. I mostly loved the planning part, when they actually were trying to imitate original Soukoku <3 So Akutagawa knows they supposed to be the 2nd generation!
Unfortunately, while original Soukoku was brain/fighting power, now it’s only pure fight power :smiley:

But I was surprised about vampires, even if Bram Stoker fits, of course. It was especially fun when just before the vampires appeared, they introduced some vampire merch. But people were “well, yeah, well, merch always has some kind of theme and there is a Halloween coming anyway”.
…And then the massacre happened.

1 Like

Finally finished the last book of Wan that is out right now…
I learned a total of 1308 from all 8 :neutral_face: I’m kind of sad it was that many for such a simple series, but I’m also happy bc that means I increased my word count ^0^/
Just don’t ask about my regular BSD wordcount.

Also, I think it’s obvious but I stopped reading Beast and haven’t been able to pick it up for a while. I work 7 days a week now so I have to choose priorities for what Ihave time to study for :sweat_smile: Which is mainly the BSD manga + wan bc it’s much quicker to get through and whatnot.
I’ll get back to it eventually, I feel bad for not finishing it LOL
But I’m ~exhausted~ right now and can’t so I suppose I’ll have to wait.

On a less depressing note(?) The new characters on Tales of the Lost are so pretty! Not gonna lie half the reason I play the game is just for all the beautiful art. The Night Blossom Characters are so cool

Summary

3 Likes

I don’t have time for another gatcha game do not tempt me with these super nice picture. T.T

Btw good job for finishing wan. I need to read to original serie ha ha.
Then go to beast

2 Likes

You can watch pictures without playing! I used Chuuya pics for the phone wallpaper without getting him in the game!

Also - so you do play some gatcha? What titles?

I now stopped playing, because it was too time consuming, but I have fond memories of Fire Emblem Heroes and Langrisser.

Eh, they like using fancy wording from time to time.
Just curious - did you also add “normal” words with unusual kanji, or skipped these?

:laughing:

Yeah, I figured. :woman_shrugging:
7 days a week sounds really hard, so it’s amazing you have strength to study anything at all! :hugs:

Oh, you’re planning to read light novels, too? :two_hearts:

Meanwhile - I’m slowly going through Storm Bringer. I don’t think I mentioned it before - author actually used “motivational Chinese quote” as an opening quote :joy:

And I’m at 40% right now. I did get distracted a lot. (I finished two Murata’s books for example and I played games and I’m doing JLPT textbooks… I’m planning to resume leveling up in WaniKani after July JLPT.)
Part of me wants to finally not be afraid of accidentally spoilering myself, but part of me wants to prolong reading The Chuuya Book :smiley:
And since it’s soooo long it’s also demotivating to see how slowly the progress goes. :upside_down_face:

I really want to share something about Storm Bringer, but it’s so hard to phrase anything without spoilers :pensive:

Meanwhile, I’m also reading “The Makioka Sisters”/細雪 by Tanzaki and omg :joy: This book is also awfully long. And veeeery slow paced.
I mostly like Tanizaki books with themes like social taboos/erotica/social commentary, and also with quick dynamic action. But even when I was reading “Some Prefer Nettles”, which was very about appeal of the old traditions, it still was a quick read.
Meanwhile, in Makioka, we have an old family, who is gradually losing its previous fame and fortune, obsessed about customs and traditions. And they are doing everything soooo slowly. Like, the younger sisters didn’t marry yet, and when a proposal (because of course there’s matchmaking) arrives, the family takes weeks/months to even think about it. And of course girls have to marry in order, the youngest have to wait for the older one. And there is World War II happening in the background, and everyone is so oblivious to it.
In a way it is fascinating to read, like a fantasy/fairy tale about princesses, hard to believe such detached-from-reality-people really did exist, but it’s also easy to lose concentration.
I definitely feel more connected to the maids characters :laughing:

2 Likes

He found us run!!!
I did play fire emblem but I stopped. Now I am playing fate grand order. I really like the story.

Yeah, this is one of my problems as well. So many events. I am not paying thought which is at least a good thing.

Maybe depending on my time.

Thx for the review.

2 Likes

Did you also play any of the main FE titles? :eyes:

1 Like

A lot actually. Radiant down, sacred stone, shadow dragon, awakening, fate, three houses, shadow of something. I played them all since awakening + some here and there.

1 Like

Yaaaay! :star_struck: hugs

It’s my favorite game series and I intend to play every entry (but doing only a remake counts).

So far:
Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light - yes, a DS remake
Gaiden - yes, a 3DS remake (shadow of something :wink: )
Mystery of the Emblem - not yet
Genealogy of the Holy War - not yet
Thracia 776 - not yet
The Binding Blade - yes
The Blazing Blade - yes and I have a crazy amount of nostalgia for that one
The Sacred Stones - yes
Path of Radiance - yes (Soren :sob:)
Radiant Dawn - yes
Awakening - yes
Fates - yes, all three routes
Three Houses - yes, all four routes + DLC (also Linhardt rlz I want a philosophy book written by him :pray:)
(I’m closer to Bernadetta in real life tho)
(Also Chuuya somehow reminds me of Yuri because they both tried to manage orphans. But well Yuri did a much better job)

1 Like

I added all words I didn’t know the meaning of or the kanji of. So yeah if they had kanji I didn’t recognize they got added ^0^

Oops! :laughing: I actually don’t like these sorts of games normally, but as soon as it was made into BSD I just-
I’m so obsessed-
Help me-

2 Likes

Nothing I can do about it. Once you fall into the rabithole it’s over. Nice knowning you solder!

2 Likes

Eh, there’s still hope. Recently I’ve checked Disgaea gatcha and I uninstalled it after 1 hour. :grin: It was nice, but not hooking enough. Although, it’s also true that loading times were long on my oldish smartphone…

still amazed about the fact that you’ve played Fire Emblem
bounces around happily

ねえねえ, since you listed Three Houses it means you also own a Switch, right?
I want you on my friend list. Yes, I know it’s practically useless, but I like to look at other people’s profiles and games lists :grin:

1 Like

Is it that nice? Well I don’t mind adding you.

I sent the request

1 Like

Yay fellow Fire Emblem fans :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I still need to finish playing some of the routes, I think I’m still only about halfway through the Golden Deer route :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, you’re still lurking! :sparkles:
I want to be Switch friends with you also :pleading_face: Code is above! :top:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m still about a bit but not as much as before, things have been busy and due to that I did let my WK and Bunpro reviews pile up a bit :sweat_smile: but I’ve got them a bit more under control now so I’m hoping to do a bit more reading again rather than the bare minimum I’ve been doing.

I’ve copied your code down, I’ll send you a request :blush::sparkles:

2 Likes

Answering your earlier question - well I’ve said it’s my favorite series ever :slight_smile:
And since I’m mostly avoiding FE communities, I was feeling lonely.

(Why I’m avoiding FE communities - there is too much pressure about which game you are allowed to like and which is considered trash or what is the proper way of playing, yadayadayada. )

So it’s really nice to meet someone in the wild, especially someone who isn’t a total internet random anonymous person :hugs:
So I’m excited about you both :blush:

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the exact reason I avoid FE communities as well, especially since I only picked the series up from the Awakening game so I probably wouldn’t be considered a ‘proper fan’ lol

Also, friend request sent :blush::sparkles:

2 Likes