Biribiri Beats

Want to borrow my buzzword bingo card? :grin: I had a course on cloud computing last year, and they definitely know how to reach their buzzword quota.

Their scalable PAAS solutions ran in the cloud on elastic hardware, or in normal language: if it’s busy they added more computers to run their program on. I’m well-versed in buzzwords now, regrettably.

4 Likes

Vegan butter and vegan cheese!

Well, I put it in the freezer, so it’s no problem. Always keep a box or two in the fridge for when I need it

They make some great tacos with black beans

Glad to be of service!

1 Like

I am seriously worried that I might burst a blood vessel or two every time I read an article where a startup says “We use proprietary machine learning model to do…” or “We use AI to do…” :joy:

I have worked enough to know that 99.99% of the models that companies build are PR BS. The following XKCD explains current real world machine learning better than anything in the world. (This is probably my most favorite XKCD panel :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

1 Like

I once read one where they used one to sort a set of structures with a perfectly well-defined ordering to them. They could have just used quicksort or any of the other O(n log n) solutions, instead they went with this monstrosity.

3 Likes

@TrinityBringer san

The prices for PS-4 are not budging :joy: Christmas has come and gone. New Year has come and gone. I am not sure if they will go down. Should I bite the bullet and get PS-5?

Hmm… The PS5 is backwards compatible (meaning it can play PS4 games as well), which compensates for the fairly small PS5 library that’s currently available. I also haven’t heard of any serious bugs with the console yet either, and when bugs do appear, they seem to be patched at a decent speed. At this point, if you’re going to end up paying a similar price for the PS4, then it seems to be more sensible to just go ahead and buy the PS5. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the input Trinity san :slight_smile:

I will probably take a decision next week.

1 Like

And who is @MidoriNoPlantron ?

3 Likes

Only if you can get it at the normal price! I think they’re still mostly unavailable and thus some people sell them for way too much

1 Like

Yep. I am planning to buy at the sticker price. I am not going to buy from a scalper for a higher price.

I have been looking at multiple sites, but the stock tends be sold out in less than a minute. :joy:

I am willing to wait a little while, but preferably sooner than later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@TrinityBringer

I burnt a deeeeeeeep hole in my pocket today :joy:

6 Likes

Did you get the PS5?!

3 Likes

Yes :grin:

It is scheduled to be delivered in the next 2-3 weeks.

I never spent so much on myself. I feel guilty even though I am the one who is earning :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

WOOOOO!!! :sparkles::sparkles:
ColdSlipperyIberiannase-small
I’m super excited for you! I don’t think you’ll regret it! Got any games you’re looking forward to playing already?

1 Like

I am open to all suggestions. I have zero games. Though I can pick a few from my close friend who has a PS4.

1 Like

Looking through the PlayStation Hits category might be a good place to start, as all the games have had their prices cut! There’s some really good ones in there, too!

2 Likes

Yep. Will take a look at that :slight_smile: Thanks Trinity san.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to you doing some cosplay with it!

I think you also get a big selection of great PS4 games if you get a PS Plus subscription on your PS5

3 Likes

tenor242

Why did you post my pictures on the internet :cry: ? That’s a bad thing to do Tanjiro san :sob:

Yep. Planning to get one soon :slight_smile:

Do you only play on Switch?

1 Like

No, I also have a standard PS4 (also known as jet engines) and a good PC (which I obviously only have for university stuff :eyes:)
+ we also have a lot of older consoles at home

1 Like