Bing! You've got homework!

I’m just learning. I dare you to try.

Assignment #1: Write all the names of the prefectures in Japan.

Assignment #2 Watch an episode of something

Assignment #3 Do all of your reviews and lessons.

Assignment #4 Read something.

15 Likes

Assignment#1
I couldn’t concentrate this week so I wrote all the prefecture’s names.

27 Likes

Aww, I’d love to try this, but I don’t know how to write Kanji, I can only recognize it… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

18 Likes

Are you planning to learn? I’m still not able to write all the kana without a model - far from it.

I’m almost there with hiragana. But kata is my enemy. My brain refuses to less those things in.

Once I tame them though, I’d like to try and learn the most frequent radicals. I think it’s a bit over 50, isn’t it?

I kinda regret starting WK before knowing katakana well because now I lack motivation and time to learn how to write them. Plus, I can’t read them fast either. Japanese words written in katakana are very hard to get imo.

4 Likes

Hmm, I don’t care much for writing, but let’s see if I can remember them all off the top of my head.

Hmm I missed some...

北海道
青森県
秋田県
岩手県
山形県
宮城県
福島県
新潟県
富山県
石川県
茨城県
千葉県
福井県
群馬県
埼玉県
東京都
神奈川県
長野県
静岡県
岐阜県
愛知県
三重県
京都府
大阪府
和歌山県
鳥取県
広島県
岡山県
島根県
山口県
愛媛県
高知県
徳島県
福岡県
佐賀県
熊本県
長崎県
鹿児島県
沖縄県

15 Likes

I guess you could switch all hiragana with katakana while writing. That way you force yourself to memorize it ¯\(ツ)

4 Likes

Typing counts!

3 Likes

Honestly, I find that just knowing how to write the kana is good enough. You’ll rarely ever need to write Japanese by hand, so I think it’s better to spend that time learning other things! So nah, I don’t really plan on learning how to write Kanji, no. Also, I kind of just learned katakana by being exposed to it a lot. It shows up a lot in video games, so playing is good practice. Though I still read katakana a bit slower than Hiragana…

3 Likes

I’ll probably never need japanese for a start. I’m learning it because I love it. And I particularly like the writing so I’d like to be able to write as well. But it’s already so much work learning how to decipher, let alone read!

I don’t play games so no exposure there for me. I wonder if I’m the only person here who does not play games…

9 Likes

I like games I just don’t have any sytems to play on.

3 Likes

Oh, in that case, you should definitely learn how to write if you want! I personally think it’d better to start learning to write now while you’re still early in WK!

2 Likes

I could probably place most of them on a map by now, but I really couldn’t name them off the top of my head.

Wasn’t there one of them quiz games that someone once linked here? I’ma go see if I can find it…

Aha.

https://community.wanikani.com/t/how-many-prefectures-do-you-know/26326?u=belthazar

10 Likes

7 Likes

I got 8 last time sweat
I have since improved a bit

After about 3 minutes I had 41/47

After 6 minutes I had 46/47

After 10 minutes I still had 46/47 ANIME%20NITRO%20EMOTE%20SERVER-1

15 Likes

I got 40, because I forgot several that I really should have known.

Since then, I’ve been getting distracted by other quizzes in the Japan category. Like this one:

Idly curious as to what the fewest number of answers you need in order to get full marks is.

6 Likes

I had been just about to say “there must be a sporcle quiz for this…”

My geography would still be absolutely dire if not for good old sporcle :bowing_man:

5 Likes

Don’t know much myself but have been studying this map. The symbols are supposedly for the regional flags.

8 Likes

Japan’s domestic flags are wonderful

9 Likes

You know all the prefectures? :0

4 Likes