Big Burns Celebration Thread! 🔥🐢🔥

08 PM
yayy

3 Likes

My first burns are finally coming this week - it’s taking me a lot of willpower not to review beforehand. :flushed:

2 Likes

In the midst of my downfall. Reached 6.5K burns but backlog of almost 900 reviews… but I’m going to Japan for three weeks in two weeks so 頑張ります!

2 Likes

Oh jeez. I just resubscribed to Wanikani after taking over half a year off. I had a pile of 875-900 reviews to do.

First of all, holy crap I finally got through my review pile after a week of plowing through it!

Second, I had so many enlightened words that thanks to the ones I got right, I went from having just 1 burned item to 303!

Aaaaaaa!

10 Likes

3000 Burns! 4k up next :wink:

3 Likes

I came here thinking this would be a thread where we’d praise people for dolling out witty burns.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

Got my first BURN today!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/pQmWjYrz39YAg/giphy.gif

9 Likes

Awesome! May the Crabigator be with you so you can burn many turtles

1 Like

Last night in the midst of a 130+ review binge I burned my first 25 radicals!!! I was wondering when it was going to happen…I try to be consistent but sometimes regular life gets in the way. I can’t wait till those burns are actual kanji!! Level 4 at the moment :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I wanted to get it at 1000 flat but I forgot… :frowning:

6 Likes

I just noticed I did the same… dammit.

(Not that I’m complaining really)

5 Likes

My first burns are due to come up in March. Considering I’m on team speedy, how much pain am I in for? :sweat_smile:

If it’s somewhere far from level 26, you’re in trouble. If it’s around lvl 26, you’re in twice as much trouble.

2 Likes

I’m likely to be about level 21 when the first one hits. :cold_sweat:

I burned my eyeball today.

Capture

14 Likes

4 Likes

how did that go? I first went to japan around level 20 and couldn’t read almost nothing. But at level 60 I can read aaanything (unless it’s, you know, kanji not included in wanikani :sweat:)

Anhyhow, reached 5k! 36after dealing with life and getting back on track with WK

6 Likes

One tenth of the way there!

11 Likes

500! That’s pure awesome, congrats!
dancing%20dog

5 Likes