Big Burns Celebration Thread! 🔥🐢🔥

You areeeeeeee :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

@halfriver toooo!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream:

At the end, what will decide the winner will depend on who’s the last one failing to burn an item and taking it back to Guru 2 :drum::drum::drum:

Builds up suspense

8 Likes

2000 burned items! Beware beware turtles! :fire:

10 Likes

Same thing I’ve been doing :laughing: after a a month or so of being at level 60, the amount of daily reviews starts significantly dropping so WK really hasn’t been a part of my Japanese routine anymore (ex: I had like 5 reviews spread out over the past 5 months :joy_cat:)

So grammar study, reading with the book clubs, KaniWani (to practice EN–>JP), podcasts, and chatting with natives on HelloTalk :crossed_flags: I’ve also been using Kitsun to learn more kanji not taught on WK :fox_face: I :yellow_heart: 漢字 :durtle_love:

And I’ll start learning to handwrite kanji… eventually… :eyes:

8 Likes

Did they finally start paying you as well? Good advertisement btw. :durtle_noice:

3 Likes

11 Likes

Guuuuuurl, you need to shave those arms!

1 Like

no!

8 Likes

Well. If you are going to put your foot down.

1 Like

3b0d8a6e1c

5b5a4aaddb

SO IT BEGINS

12 Likes

Level 27 and 2000 burns. Life is good.

12 Likes

Got more burns than any other category. But just due to the fact that I spent years before actually purchasing WaniKani. lmao

6 Likes

Ahhh, so close…

12 Likes

From 1 to 42 to 100 in eight days. :3

8 Likes

There it is:

The 5000th burn? 即死 (instant death). Nothing ominous about that :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I hit my first burns this morning! Seven was my very first!
30%20AM
And of course I burned all of the level 1 radicals!

I’ve been jealous/looking forward to posting in this thread for a while, super excited I’m finally hitting my burn reviews!

12 Likes

Capture

I’ll bet 500-1000 of that is forgotten. I saw 戸 and thought “what on earth is that?”, it took all of my willpower to not shoot myself in the feet when I looked it up on Wanikani to find out I learned this at level 3.

10 Likes

I got my very first burn today!!! :star_struck: I’ve been very slow and steady over the past months, but level 8 has been the sloooooowwwest level I’ve ever had. Life stuff gets in the way sometimes. I was at 400+ reviews a day and had pretty low percentages. But I got through it! And today, burning my first radicals, was a nice uplifting thing to keep me pushing forward. Now I’m on level 9 :sunglasses: slow but steady.

12 Likes

d6c1fe5b60

Looks like my first kanji burn was 八 and my first vocab 二.

6 Likes

10 Likes

My 5000th burn was 変態, I hope that doesn’t mean anything

17 Likes