Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

:open_mouth: Am I? What an honor! Please, your autograph. :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m reading physical since I already had it before it was nominated. :blush:

2 Likes

The honor is mine. :bowing_woman:t2: I’m hobnobbing with people in the double digits now. :sunglasses: But sorry, no autographs… Always leave them wanting more dah’ling…

2 Likes

I mean, what you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you, but thanks for sharing. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

My nearest Kinokuniya is a teensy bit closer to me than my nearest Bookoff. About seven thousand kilometres closer.

9 Likes

Okay, so second place goes to

Mysterious Town Beyond the Mist

I had a look at the original voters and Laid-Back Camp is hurting for 6 of its original voters, but that still wouldn’t bring it level (and Mysterious Town is missing 1 or 2 as well).

That means our next pick is Flying Witch, followed by Mysterious Town Beyond the Mist.

Please look forward to the new home thread coming to forums near you later today :wink:

Edit: here we go…

17 Likes

FYI, the only sale WaniKani ever has is $100 off lifetime around Christmas time. This is not a guarantee either of course, but it’s happened the last several years. Do keep in mind that subscriptions are prorated too, so if you got annual now/soon and upgraded to lifetime with the sale, it would discount that purchase by the unused amount of your annual subscription.

6 Likes

“Join the WaniKani forums for the book clubs,” you said. “It’s free,” you said. Now look what’s happened :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings: :wink:

16 Likes

guess I should try reading again :slight_smile: maybe it will be easier this time around :smiley:

6 Likes

I may or may not have done this :zipper_mouth_face:

nothing to see here, especially not a large amount of books I couldn't actually fit neatly into a picture

13 Likes

That bottom row tho :eyes:

2 Likes

I thought this was a requirement… I don’t like the word excuse :wink: and Amazon just makes it so easy… Plus we have to make our Amazon jp account worthwhile don’t we?

4 Likes

I already owned everything that won or even nearly won, so I had no excuse to buy anything this time around D:

8 Likes

yatta…books here here!

(a couple of these are gifts)

this one looked scary…lots of text…yikes! haha

and I ordered some other stuff that no one probably cares about so no pictures of that … boo…have to wait another month to start

17 Likes

You must really like Flying Witch to buy all those volumes right away.

3 Likes

買い物が楽しい haha…
I liked the anime…so why not buy them all right? and since the anime didn’t continue (assuming the manga continued the story) if not oh well …

I’m more worried about the second book…it looks hard … lol

3 Likes

Well books are generally harder than manga. It takes some time to adjust from manga to books, but this one should be okay overall. There will be plenty of more experienced people reading it too that can help out if you get stuck. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

you guys put up with all my whining last time and it turned out that I wasn’t the only idiot with stupid questions so yatta! …so as long as you’ll have me again…I’m looking forward to trying to cement more stuff in my brain…also farther along on grammar…still struggling overall cuz you know Japanese is easy to learn haha…but this is where I’m at on BunPro grammar wise:

also halfway through genki II with my italki instructor…been doing some writing (sentences mostly) …kept a 旅日記 from my vacation…some of it was good some of it was a mess…but I figure I’m farther along now so it shouldn’t be as painful as the first book…but I can say it was the first book I read cover to cover in Japanese…(with all the help from you amazing folks)!

10 Likes

Well, we may only be a couple of weeks into Flying Witch, but we’re starting the next book in six weeks so…

Here you go!

11 Likes

So, I was checking for 結婚しても恋してる volume 1 on CDJapan, and guess what I saw on the recommendations :rofl:

15 Likes